Thread: Apache Proxy

Apache Proxy

I looked around the forum and couldnt find a thing on this topic so hopefully someone has an idea.

1. Is there a good way to secure Apache Proxy other than just filtering IP's of users?

2. Is there a way that I can make a list of IP's in a txt file or other file and have them be input into the apache config file. Same with Blocked Domains? Also, make a username/password type system?

3. Is there a way to put some type of banner at the top of every page is this not possible with proxy? Not saying I want to do this but just had an idea in mind and wanted to look into it.

Any other tips/tricks or hints would be great. I am pretty new to proxy systems.

I am not sure I understand your question, you want to be able to identify users surfing your website which uses proxies ?

I will restate what I have done and what I was trying to do.

I have setup a proxy so that people could surf the web anonymously. It is setup and works but now I am trying to solve the below questions.

1. I have used a the code below to allow only who i want into my proxy. I was trying to find out is there a way to make the "Allow from XXX - IP part pull from a file with a list of IP's allowed stead of having to go in and add each one?

Code:
     <Proxy *>
    Order Deny,Allow
    Deny from all
    Allow from XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
    </Proxy>
    2. Is there a way to make this logformat create a different file for each IP on a different day? If not that alteast a different file for each IP.

Code:
    LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b" common
    CustomLog logs/access_log common