SupportTrio + Cerberus

Over the next month we're buying our helpdesk soltuion. Both of these options are around the same price owned..

So far we have cerberus free installed, its 'ok' but we find it a lilttle messy. We just seen SupportTrio and it does look wonderful.

What input have you guys got? We're choosing between these two ONLY. So please dont suggest other options, thanks.
    It's Scott!

Hello camers,

We just switched from kayako to SupportTrio and love it. Very clean interface. Not bulky at all.

I can honestly highly recommend SupportTrio.

Good luck
    BliksemHosting.com || WEBHOST MAGAZINE & BUYER'S GUIDE Editors' Choice for Reseller Hosting
    *Exceptional Service & Uptime || True 24/7 Support & End-User Support || Industry Leading SLA
    *Shared --> Reseller --> Semi-Dedicated --> CO-OP --> VPS --> Dedicated
    *Fully Scalable --- We're the last host you'll need

I think from a company like yourself, thats enough to win me over

Thats why i like it so far, so clean.

Im just going to try the demo next week and buy the full version a few days later
    It's Scott!

You can actually change around your Cerberus interface. It was a little much at first for us, but we spent a few minutes turning menus on and off and found a nice mix.
    Jacob - WebOnce Technologies - 30 Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - Over 5 Years Going Strong!
    Website Hosting, PHP4&5, RoR, MySQL 5.0, Reseller Hosting, Development, and Designs
    Powered By JAM - Professional Website Development - PHP, MySQL, JavaScript, AJAX - Projects Small & Large

Cerberus can be pretty daunting at first. Give it a couple of days and the interface actually starts to make a lot of sense

Have you taken a look at MajorCRM (www.majorcrm.com - see the preview link) from the Cerberus guys? It'll be out soon and will be a great expansion on how useful Cerberus Helpdesk is.
    Alasdair

Originally posted by tickedon
    Cerberus can be pretty daunting at first. Give it a couple of days and the interface actually starts to make a lot of sense

Have you taken a look at MajorCRM (www.majorcrm.com - see the preview link) from the Cerberus guys? It'll be out soon and will be a great expansion on how useful Cerberus Helpdesk is.
    that looks interesting , cant wait to try a demo I love trying new scripts
    Dana aka Laci My Alter Ego
    Former WHT Moderator

Originally posted by Laci
    that looks interesting , cant wait to try a demo I love trying new scripts
    Well, your going to hate it then, as it's a desktop application
    Jacob - WebOnce Technologies - 30 Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - Over 5 Years Going Strong!
    Website Hosting, PHP4&5, RoR, MySQL 5.0, Reseller Hosting, Development, and Designs
    Powered By JAM - Professional Website Development - PHP, MySQL, JavaScript, AJAX - Projects Small & Large

I will put a vote in for Cerberus. Great support team too.

I would say great support. But they if i had problems with installing it, I said yes about the phaser not working. So they replied within 24hrs each turn. Then I said i'd get it setup on my new server a week later and reply with the information they wanted. I did reply back 1week later. This was.. hmm a month ago. No reply or anything, how good? Sent it twice.
    It's Scott!

Originally posted by tickedon

Does anyone know what the price figure for MajorCRM will be around?

Originally posted by gghosting
    Does anyone know what the price figure for MajorCRM will be around?

I dont think there's been much speculation on this from what I have seen.

I would also put in a vote for cerberus as its been real good for us. However, it does seem the team is slacking recently (might be just me). It can be pretty much tweaked out to make it look however you want it (with a little work), send me a PM and ill send you a couple example links.

I would strongly suggest for the orignal thread poster to take your time and see which one best suites your needs. There is no "best" helpdesk, plain and simple. Do your research and use the ole button labled "Search" or maybe hit up google, you may even find a free script that suits your needs.

I will post a few links below, some of the paid scripts that I personally have experience with.

Cerberus - www.cerberusweb.com - (I would recommend it)
    ESupport - www.kayako.com - (pretty good as well, can get sloppy with alot of tickets in the system though).

In any event, good luck with your choice

Here is anoter vote on Cerberus!

Once you try it, you won't ever think on switch to another

And I can't wait to try majorcrm
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, don't touch this!
    WebHostingTalk.com

Originally posted by tuwebfacil
    Here is anoter vote on Cerberus!

Once you try it, you won't ever think on switch to another

And I can't wait to try majorcrm
    I have tried it, been using it for a couple months, and I am very much looking for another solution.

Call me old-fashioned, but I really am not interested in rewriting a GUI because the developers couldn't do it themselves. I already am paying top-buck for a product, I expect it to be usable with minimal work, out-of-the-box.

So I too am looking hard at SupportTrio. Any other feedback?

There was a mention in another thread about a security issue with their KB software which was patched, however we don't know how serious the security issue actually was. (Whether it was an SQL injection issue or something else) I've been around long enough to know that security issues are found everyday, a coder needs to test their work against common exploit techniques, and prompt patching is key when new issues are found. So who else is using SupportTrio, and what are your experiences?

Bailey
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.