Question Managed.com Gone Bad Again...?

I have recently been on there forums, and a loyal customer for about 9months I have to say Managed.com has changed allot from Bad to very good but I have noticed recently it is extremely poor again, Reboots are like an hour and some rude guy

ColoAlacarte ZY or something like that is very rude.
    Tech Support / Abuse / Security team has dropped highly and It has gone back down to very bad since before the new owner picked up the torch.

The forums are all about bad complaints on there, and just wondering has anyone else noticed this?

I have to say one thing though This Dwight guy on the helpdesk can't spell to save his life loll! He doesn't really know much seems like a teenager to me.

I swear they are going to loose more customers if they keep him around; is he From Tomsyer along with that Tom Guy? They joined Managed just after Tomsyer went cold.

I am very disapointed in them recently and hoping Steve Chen would come back at least he was active to the company and the new owner don't know his name is just awful and then found out from another customer that he is also a Lawyer so I guess that explains it why buy a company if he is busy enough with his job as a Laywer.

Managed.com i noticed treat smaller customers abit unfairly to others this probably happens everywhere but If I was Dwight I woudn't say 'Please hold while I assit our biggest customer'

Will be intresting to see what happens next, and I don't really want to stick around any longer they are a big company but I hope buy's it and incorporates it in ColoAlacarte.

What do current customers think.
    Before you post a few things:

*Yes I know they are Unmanaged Servers so when I talk about Support I mean Hardware problems

*Abuse Team even with the proof in there hands takes about 5days for them to actually terminate it they say we will give them 12hours notice but they forget

*I will be leaving Managed.com possibly and go with LayeredTech.

Will be intresting to see if there biggest customer(s) leave eventually... can't wait to see there faces lol!!!

Thanks For Reading
    Will be intresting to Read Your Posts

Again? Again?! Again would indicate it went good again....?

Hmph.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

The problem with managed are that they are effectively one big reseller who actually outsources a lot of stuff back to the main provider (Coloalacarte). Therefore, if you run into problems you're dealing with many channels and less people actually know what's going on. Can't say anything about John since i've never used Managed, but I know Steve Chen is smart and knows what he's doing.
    ManageMyServices was sold by me in September 2009. I no longer have any affiliation with this company.

Again? Again?! Again would indicate it went good again....?

Hmph.

Sirius
    There was a point where Managed.com uptime, support, reboots were pretty damn amazing i was really shocked...

In the last 2-3weeks it seems to be back down the wrong way again.

[quoet]The problem with managed are that they are effectively one big reseller who actually outsources a lot of stuff back to the main provider (Coloalacarte). Therefore, if you run into problems you're dealing with many channels and less people actually know what's going on. Can't say anything about John since i've never used Managed, but I know Steve Chen is smart and knows what he's doing.[/quote]

I have a few servers with Coloalacarte and they are definatly better, it seems like Managed.com can't stand on there own 2 feet

I wonder if John has any experience in the Hosting Busniess; one thing I don't get is the whois info shows Coloalacarte.com ISP is Managed.com they run there own dc wierd and Managed just colocates in it.

Reading from billing message a while ago and being there for a while what does Managed.com seriously do I mean ColoAlacarte does:

Reboots
    Server Activations
    And Provides all the Software Licenses
    Console Technical Support

I then found out from there forums a while ago from a customer which got told by John that he fired the Billing Staff and now Steve controls them and they do our billing.

Quite funny,
    I wud like to see ColoAlacarte take over Managed.com.
    At the moment to be honest with you it seems like Managed.com has hired a couple of kids with one terrible Preisdent.

This is 100% true. In the past few months, Managed.com has plummeted through the basement of hell.

Their network is now solidly sub-par running at about 5-10mbps even with 100mbit port.

They suddenly like to block ports like 8080 and 1080 without any notification because they think those ports can only be used for proxies

They downgraded everyone from 100mbit to 10mbit with no notification mid billing cycle.

They dont even allow you to use your bandwidth WHEN you want to. try using 10mbps for more than 10min and your server will get unplugged. Any customer with a 60-100$ server who actually tries to use his 1000GB of bandwidth will not have a server for very long.

As somone on their forums mentioned, it honestly seems like they have outsourced their support to India. Either that, or they are TRYING to be this bad.

They used to have a phone# under old management. Maybe they didnt answer often, but they did sometimes. NO PHONE now. If they blow off your emails (which they do very frequently) you are stuck pulling your hair out.

I used to love managed untill i paid them to upgrade my server. Nothing happened after 3 days, I email them, they tell me to be patient. I wait a WHOLE WEEK. I email them. They say "sorry it got lost in billing". Then my server goes down and doesnt come back up. When i try to email support they say my server got CANCELED and that i have to email billing. Well billing is closed on the weekend... so my server was down for 72 hours for no reason except managed.com's stupidity. No refund, not even an apology. I'm leaving managed tomorrow.

Some people say that managed.com is great if you know how to take care of your own server. This used to be my position. I thought all the people complaining about managed.com were just dumbasses who didnt want to take responsibility for their own mistakes. WRONG. there was nothing anyone could do about my downtime. It was horrible. i faxed, i emailed, i called - it was the most frustrating thing in the world to NOT BE ABLE TO TALK TO ANYONE.

This month is the 10th month ive paid for managed and thankfully it will be my last. Managed.com's loss is Staminus's gain.

This is 100% true. In the past few months, Managed.com has plummeted through the basement of hell.

Their network is now solidly sub-par running at about 5-10mbps even with 100mbit port.

They suddenly like to block ports like 8080 and 1080 without any notification because they think those ports can only be used for proxies

They downgraded everyone from 100mbit to 10mbit with no notification mid billing cycle.

They dont even allow you to use your bandwidth WHEN you want to. try using 10mbps for more than 10min and your server will get unplugged. Any customer with a 60-100$ server who actually tries to use his 1000GB of bandwidth will not have a server for very long.

As somone on their forums mentioned, it honestly seems like they have outsourced their support to India. Either that, or they are TRYING to be this bad.

They used to have a phone# under old management. Maybe they didnt answer often, but they did sometimes. NO PHONE now. If they blow off your emails (which they do very frequently) you are stuck pulling your hair out.

I used to love managed untill i paid them to upgrade my server. Nothing happened after 3 days, I email them, they tell me to be patient. I wait a WHOLE WEEK. I email them. They say "sorry it got lost in billing". Then my server goes down and doesnt come back up. When i try to email support they say my server got CANCELED and that i have to email billing. Well billing is closed on the weekend... so my server was down for 72 hours for no reason except managed.com's stupidity. No refund, not even an apology. I'm leaving managed tomorrow.

Some people say that managed.com is great if you know how to take care of your own server. This used to be my position. I thought all the people complaining about managed.com were just dumbasses who didnt want to take responsibility for their own mistakes. WRONG. there was nothing anyone could do about my downtime. It was horrible. i faxed, i emailed, i called - it was the most frustrating thing in the world to NOT BE ABLE TO TALK TO ANYONE.

This month is the 10th month ive paid for managed and thankfully it will be my last. Managed.com's loss is Staminus's gain.
    So sorry for your experience, there prices are starting to rise but there Support still stinks... Might as well pay what $6 more and go with somewhere like LayeredTech lol!

So Steve Chen isn't involved with Managed/ColoAlacarte anymore?

The comapny strcuture of these companies gets ever the more confusing and even we, who have a significant number of servers in the COLO dc don't fully understand it.

I'll try to explain what I know, the following companies are all linked, whether they are part of one holdings company I don't know, but Software Works Inc, Managed Solutions Group Inc, AKANOC Solutions Inc and Racklogic Technologies Inc. Steve Chen owns Racklogic and AKANOC Solutions (Coloalacarte) and also Managed Solutions Group (at least he did last I checked). Managed.com is part of Software Works Group Inc and was setup by Steve and Jacques Pham, In September they split, but Steve retained a stake in the company and Jacques left and Steve gave control to John (also a lawyer). Steve owns all the managed.com servers and AKANOC Solutions also provides managed with support and other services. AKANOC Solutions is related to Managed Solutions Group in the sense that they are like sister companies. Managed.com and Coloalacarte.com are in two seperate facilities, Managed being in the Knight Ridder building and AKANOC are in the Market Post Tower. Both are in adjacent buildings.

Parts of the above likely don't make much sense, it was basically chats with their sales crews/Steve pieced together. But long story short, Steve is still involved with both the comapnies, but only manages Coloalacarte full time.

If anyone understands this better, please feel free to post.
    ManageMyServices was sold by me in September 2009. I no longer have any affiliation with this company.

The comapny strcuture of these companies gets ever the more confusing and even we, who have a significant number of servers in the COLO dc don't fully understand it.

I'll try to explain what I know, the following companies are all linked, whether they are part of one holdings company I don't know, but Software Works Inc, Managed Solutions Group Inc, AKANOC Solutions Inc and Racklogic Technologies Inc. Steve Chen owns Racklogic and AKANOC Solutions (Coloalacarte) and also Managed Solutions Group (at least he did last I checked). Managed.com is part of Software Works Group Inc and was setup by Steve and Jacques Pham, In September they split, but Steve retained a stake in the company and Jacques left and Steve gave control to John (also a lawyer). Steve owns all the managed.com servers and AKANOC Solutions also provides managed with support and other services. AKANOC Solutions is related to Managed Solutions Group in the sense that they are like sister companies. Managed.com and Coloalacarte.com are in two seperate facilities, Managed being in the Knight Ridder building and AKANOC are in the Market Post Tower. Both are in adjacent buildings.

Parts of the above likely don't make much sense, it was basically chats with their sales crews/Steve pieced together. But long story short, Steve is still involved with both the comapnies, but only manages Coloalacarte full time.

If anyone understands this better, please feel free to post.
    That's basically it =)
    Seems like most of there new serevrs are being located in 55 Market Tower (Colo DC) Coudn't have steve given the Job to someone more "qualified" this John guy doesn't really know much he had trouble installing cPanel for me in the past and had to get a Tech to do it

Just thinking about it, people say they unplug your servers without reasing is this how they make money by charging you $10 activation fee; Or when they say server didn't boot up suggest an OS Restore there is a $10 professional service charge.

Also this new abuse team guy is a a**
    I remember when they used to give notices now they just unplug with out any...

I had a server with managed.com along time ago as well. I didnt like it, especially when people from Cali ONLY were getting spikes, Im not sure if its their providers because everyone had a constant 500 ping except people from places such as Texas. I was so pist especially when I used to sell servers and lost alot of money (not much but money is hard to get these days) so I never went back to them. I didnt even use the full month because I couldnt find a customer who wanted to play with 500 ping, and I couldnt even get a refund from them : / Im currently with calhost.com, their network is pretty good, never have lag spikes, the only problem is their tech support. It takes an average of 12 hours to get a reply, but other then that their pretty good. I recommend them anyday over managed.com

These are some speed tests from managed.com about 9 months ago:

4MB (8.25 MB/s) <--- download.yahoo.com
    15MB (9.91 MB/s) <--- ftp.newaol.com
    17MB (4.30 MB/s) <--- download.macromedia.com
    75MB (5.58 MB/s) <--- download.microsoft.com

I used to run a fairly popular game server on them, they were great west coast.

Needless to say their network has become total crap now. I think it happened when they got rid of their XO line. NO CLUE why they did that. (another reason why managed sucks under new management)

Many ISPs are owned / operated by lawyers, ThePlanet I know is for sure, LayeredTech is as well.... It only makes sense to have your own legal in house, much more cost effective? Typically the owner of a company, or a manager in a technology firm, they are just that, the behind the scenes and manage things. While the technical people run everything. Most are good with sales and marketing or in alot of cases corporate law...

As well in response to this former client and little known to all a former employee that lost his job as a result of taking advantage of managed.com and yes their clients by offering services stating they where managed’s services but in reality it was for his own gain and had no connection with managed’s service, implying it was by using "[email protected] as a email address to send payment to paypal for said services, even steeling other clients ips to keep his group of false websites up, and using of managed’s resources for is own gain.! An identity is hard to hide but easily detected! As for my grammar or spelling (as you can see from his post isn’t all correct either) there may be a small issue with it but at least the issues are being performed correctly and in a timely manner instead of making a joke of a clients problem or passing it off to another employee, but I guess with a corrupted mind trying to figure deeper scams on the company that was taking care of him would use up most of his time and energy he could have been using to deal with issues of customers! Well as everything in life I guess the free rides come to a end, guess my will not as I do my job to the best of my abilities and have no complaints on my shoulders to worry about or scams and deceptive morals to have to worry about as I sleep! Of course I guess we learn and mature with age, I guess myself at 43 would have seen a little more and learned more moral and professionalism than a 17-18 year old scam artist (well a want to be one anyways). Word travels fast as well does reputations, I think the major DC’s will all be aware of this person and will take the appropriate actions to detour this kind of event from effecting there businesses in the future! Mark Smith was the name used but it makes one wonder if that was his name? With this being said, the thread starter is the same person I believe but have no way to prove unless a mod discloses his ip…. With regards to his userid, search for all posts by lostinside , you will notice he was very active and seemed to know a lot of information in regards to managed… It appears such a thread as this is his attempt to get back at his former employee… I am not posting as a former co-worker but as an individual stating the facts as Mr. Mark Smith has targeted me directly in this forum more than once now. Its quite amazing what one can do if they put their mind to it. I wonder what other history once can dig up about this Mark, I have so much more but rather not go public with that as it is not professional. In other events, I bet if a mod checked the ip of the poster that you will see a blue yonder owned IP… or a UK based ISP? No need to say more????

Dwight your post was very interesting. after re-reading the first post it does seem like you were a little more than casually mentioned.

However, I dont think that totally dismisses the rest of his post, even if that is Mark posting, most of what he is saying is TRUE.

Maybe Mark was a bad guy who abused your company, but to be quite honest he was fairly active on the forums and seemed to be the most open channel of communication with managed.com

I personally think that if you guys really got your act together and improved managed.com Mark wouldnt have a leg to stand on. Find somone else, get some halfway decent support... maybe a phone number, and im sure you will get a positive reaction from this WHT community.

After re-reading the posts very quite intresting.
    But I am not Mark Smith.

I can email Mark as I did have contact with him for Technical Support, and he gave me his personal MSN Address.

The IP Address will definatly be different if I got him on the forums.
    All The Information I get is by reading the managed.com forums and gathering the posts together.

Originally posted by Dwight
    As well in response to this former client and little known to all a former employee that lost his job as a result of taking advantage of managed.com and yes their clients by offering services stating they where managed’s services but in reality it was for his own gain and had no connection with managed’s service, implying it was by using "[email protected] as a email address to send payment to paypal for said services, even steeling other clients ips to keep his group of false websites up, and using of managed’s resources for is own gain.! An identity is hard to hide but easily detected! As for my grammar or spelling (as you can see from his post isn’t all correct either) there may be a small issue with it but at least the issues are being performed correctly and in a timely manner instead of making a joke of a clients problem or passing it off to another employee, but I guess with a corrupted mind trying to figure deeper scams on the company that was taking care of him would use up most of his time and energy he could have been using to deal with issues of customers! Well as everything in life I guess the free rides come to a end, guess my will not as I do my job to the best of my abilities and have no complaints on my shoulders to worry about or scams and deceptive morals to have to worry about as I sleep! Of course I guess we learn and mature with age, I guess myself at 43 would have seen a little more and learned more moral and professionalism than a 17-18 year old scam artist (well a want to be one anyways). Word travels fast as well does reputations, I think the major DC’s will all be aware of this person and will take the appropriate actions to detour this kind of event from effecting there businesses in the future! Mark Smith was the name used but it makes one wonder if that was his name? With this being said, the thread starter is the same person I believe but have no way to prove unless a mod discloses his ip…. With regards to his userid, search for all posts by lostinside , you will notice he was very active and seemed to know a lot of information in regards to managed… It appears such a thread as this is his attempt to get back at his former employee… I am not posting as a former co-worker but as an individual stating the facts as Mr. Mark Smith has targeted me directly in this forum more than once now. Its quite amazing what one can do if they put their mind to it. I wonder what other history once can dig up about this Mark, I have so much more but rather not go public with that as it is not professional. In other events, I bet if a mod checked the ip of the poster that you will see a blue yonder owned IP… or a UK based ISP? No need to say more????
    Dwight - Can you post a more concise re-posting of the above post? It's definitely hard to understand.