Maximum number of domains sharing an IP?

Hi all,

Is there a limit on the number of domains i can add in CPanel/WHM that share a single IP?

Thank you!

Castle Pines, CO
    I am not too sure about cPanel (we use Windows) but there should not be a maxumim number for the IP - it should depend more on your system

C-Panel etc can techinically hold an unlimited number. Of course hardware speed is going to slow you down before that

Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon

I haven't done it myself, but heard from an experienced host saying elsewhere that once the number of domains reaches like 5,000, CPanel not only loads slow but basically becomes broke. And if you are on a shared server, I doubt your provider would allow anything even close to that.
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

i'm on a dedicated server (just an XP2400, 512mb ram etc) so you think it's safe if i add upto 50 on an IP?

The OC
    It all depends on what you're doing with those 50 domains. I have some names parked at eNom, where reports over 65,000 domains sharing that IP address!

So, if you're trying to get 50 busy forums or gaming sites on one server, you will probably have problems. But 50 "average" websites should workout just fine (is there such a thing as an average website?)

Good Luck!
    You may delay, but time will not. --- Benjamin Franklin

Yeah, they will be regular "pagey" websites - no major forums or downloads.

(I'll let you know if i run into any problems!)