Time for WhoIs Update

I registered a domain name through directi.
    It got activated just a few mins ago.
    I checked the availability of the domain name in directi and it shows its not available - fine.
    But theres no match of the name in whois.net and others.
    How long does it take for the update normally ?
    Thanks

Usually 12 to 24hrs but it can be sooner. You can get an accurate whois record from the domain registrar in your case Directi.
    Name123.com [ We are online Since 2004! ]
    Cheapest Domain Registration & Reseller Services!
    ENOM Domain Reseller Account with Lowest Industry Prices! (Details)
    Plus Excellent Technical Support Along The Way!

up to 48 hours max

It takes only 2 mins to register domain on Enom.com. One should register domains only from such registrars as any other registrar may create problem for your domain in future and one can loose an important domain if it is registered from a wrong registrar.

Most of the top hosting companies register your domains from Enom as no other registrar can bring your domain online in 2 mins.

etechsupport2 - I have to disagree with you. It is hard to say where top hosting companies register their domain names. According to the statistics eNom is not the biggest Registrar of domain names.

Also one should consider that it may take up to 72 hours before the information is updated in public whois servers. So there is no bring domain name online in 2 minutes.
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Most if not all top registrars apply changes nearly instantly, 2 minutes? somewhat exagerated
    Domain Maven

I didn't keep careful track of the times, but as I recall when I registered domains with Namecheap the ENOM whois had the data (actually the Whoisguard-displayed data) by the next day. A check of Godaddy's whois quickly showed the domain was unavailable, but I think it took a few weeks to display the whois data for the domains. I think it was a few days after ENOM was showing the whois data that whois.sc was showing it.

The fact that it took more than an hour for ENOM's whois to display the data was probably a good thing. It gave me time to apply my units of Whoisguard to my domains, so the spammers never found an opportunity to harvest the data ENOM/Namecheap/Whoisguard has on file for me.

Recently many companies have started using Enom due to the API and Reseller account feature. You can provide your resellers with Enom reseller account and that allows them to register domains for 50% of the price that they would pay if they registered domains directly. API is one good feature that allows you to automate the domain name registration process.

Enom and Godaddy should be considered one of the best registrar's as they have very well managed frontend and backend. I'll suggest you to get a Enom account and register a .com domain and see the whois report for the domain name just after 2 mins in Domain Dossier. Probablly the site for your domain name wont load at your end that quickly but Domain Dossier starts showing Service Scan for the domain as soon as you register it.