wtf.. ukservers.com? treats me like a rag?

Hello all dedicated server lovers,

Im here to tell everyone out their about what happended. It feels as through Im being treated not fairly, like a rag on the street..

I purchased from Uk servers around march 17 2005. It was a AMD 64-bit, It was setup everything was good for about a half of a month, payment and everything went through fine and all. Then I requested some more ips and got Direct Admin installed. Ukservers told me the Direct Admin people messed up on their own product which made the server un reachable through ssh (but the server was still online), he then went to the datacenter got things reinstalled everything was ok then. I got a new hard drive an a new set of ips I requested about 4-5 and I only got 2. anyways he offers me that he wil instal it him self but i told him no, he then emails me and says the server is now for 25 per month becasue all of the mess ups wre the companys fault and some were his too! Hes running off of Infinfity Hosting.. Ok anyways I ask for some ips and he says they have run out and hes been trying all day, a couple weeks later (4) i ask again and he says still nothing.

I asked him if webmin is free and he told me yes gave me the link and told me he'll do the install himself. 3 weeks later i email him saying when am i going to get the webmin information? He tells me he had an error while installing it. He did not even tell me he had an error just left me hanging.

I asked him if he could tell me what exact error he got and he told me he forgot.... I ask him if he could do the install again and he told me sure, 4 hours later I log onto my box and check my server logs and see that he didnt even log onto my box!

I then for fed up and just attempted to install webmin and did it correctly the first time

Just Recently..

Recently I visit his website maybe planning to buy another server from him and seeing what his offer was. I see that he had

All our servers now come with our award winning control panel featuring:

Instant Server Reboots
    Data Transfer Tables + Graphs
    Abililty to Set RDNS
    Pay Invoices + Request Customer Support

So I say well wait a minuet how come I didnt get this? I dont have none of this stuff. I emailed him with the following subject:

David,

May i have my system upgraded to Fedora Core 3? Im fine with you guys
    doing a reinstall on the whole server.

Also I see that you have this:

Instant Server Reboots
    Abililty to Set RDNS

I have no such thing with you guys. No ACP reboot, or anything. May I have it?

Regards
    Stanley

he emailed me back saying:

Hello Stanley,

Do you understand a re-install will loose all your files?

This is also a 30 minute or so job so there will be a fee of about 15.

Our control panel is really only for customers paying by credit card/who
    ordered through our website

so i emailed him back saying this:
    David,

I feel as through Im being treated very unfairly. Its very very odd,
    you say only for the people who pay by website. You gave me a custom
    package so their was not much I could do and yes I did pay through the
    website i signed up with the subscription on the website so therefore
    I should be acknowledged to have these features.

Another thing that strikes me is this:
    Also I see that you have this:

Instant Server Reboots
    Abililty to Set RDNS

As you can see it shows ALL all means everyone of your customers, now
    it does not state anywhere on your website saying in order to get
    these feauters you must pay by credit card and sign up through our
    website.

I deffentley know Im being treated very unfairly. Now I know why the
    other guy moved to another dedicated server provider. Was he also
    being treated very unfairly? Now you may email me back saying its fair
    becasue you reduced the price, reducing the price was up to you, we
    never talked about it or anything.

Regards
    Stanley

now I belive becasue just becasue he put me down to 25 per month is can take advantage of me, I did not get what i paid for..

He then asked me for my number so we can talk I told him well whats the point, and he told me becasue were not getting anywhere. The reason why we was not getting anywhere was becasue he was ignoreing all of my questions, I asked him about the infinity host, and be sure people I will be emailing them about this to see if it is all true (I will post the email on here)

I talked with David on msn recently and he told me that my amd 2800 was crap anyways and tried to throw me off as a customer but infact I left

David: Im sorry but I dont think I can host you as a client anymore.
    David: Your amd 2800 was crap anyways, have a nice day.
    Stanley: I though I had a AMd 64-bit...
    David: Thats the thing Stanley you though wrong!

now i talked with some guy who use to be with this compay but then left becasue of some bad problems.... I hate my self for not listenting! Now I know when I see a bad review from a company, (well more than 20) then you wont catch me buy from them i dont care how low there prices are! anyways this is all i have to say for now, am I upset? Not at all his con company is not worth the upsetion! but I can tell you this much - im not buying from him again - i was talking with someone on here who use to be with him and they had a bad exerpience with him too i should have listend to that guy i will pm him some day telling him about my little adventure!

--------------------------------------------------
    UkServers Review....

This company was good at the start. After a month of their service I give them a 5/10. After some recent problems I've had with them I think twice about them! The were lack of helping me and spending time! David said he does sepnd time with his customers, he only spent 15 minuets on trying to resolve my problem.

Am i the only customer hes got? Is this why its the lack of help?

Over all and all Im glad I left their company. They did not have 100% customer satisfaction to be totally honost with you, they gave me 67% satisfation.. I would highly recommend everyone to keep away from this con company, if you are going to buy from them please make sure you get what you paid for!

I truley hope DAVID of uk servers is reading this now. Im not mad at you or mad at your company, but Im just fairly upset you;ve been taking me a ride this whole time. I did not get what i payed for thank god I only pay 25 per month for the crap server! Also i bougth a AMd 64-bit and got an Amd 2800!!

Overall now i rate them a 0/10 10 being the best 0 being the WORSt.

If you are hosted by Ukservers, have you had any problems?
    I'd like to hear about it!

Everyone have a good day!

Im very sorry to hear about this, I was looking into them possibly, I will have to wait and see other reviews untill I deside.

Zachary

Oh boy. Biggest no-no in the book. "Im sorry but I dont think I can host you as a client anymore"... wow. Unless I'm proven wrong, it's very likely that David's probably just another school boy, and he's probably trying to close up shop so he can start cramming for finals.

It's funny how most webhosts really go through trials and tribulations around the times when the major school tests (such as finals. I had finals around this time in High School) occur. Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed this? Funny story, but I used to be a customer of a host who honestly, truthfully said this to me:

*****: um sorry but i cant host anybody anymore cuz i have alot of homework, n big tests are coming up and i need to study
    *****: sorry dudes, ill refund ur payments through paypal
    Revo: You're really going out of business?
    *****: yeah, my dadz gonna stop paying 4 the reseller account
    Revo: Um, sorry if I'm mistaken, but didn't you say on your site that you operate out of a Tier 1 datacenter and you have gigabits of connectivity?
    *****: wha?? o, thats the people who host me dude.
    Last edited by danclough; 05-11-2005 at 10:58 PM.

Originally posted by DoTz
    Im very sorry to hear about this, I was looking into them possibly, I will have to wait and see other reviews untill I deside.

Zachary
    Your choice frankly I dont really care if you go with them or not. Im just letting you know my experience with this con/crap company. I though they were good but I should have though twice. Again If you choose to go with them be my guest! If you dont choose to go with them, good job.

Im not telling you to do what I say but Im just simply trying to warn you, overall I do belive in what comes around goes around so he'll get it some day.

Best wishes with you DoTz, and good luck!

Originally posted by flashwiregsn

Oh boy. Biggest no-no in the book. "Im sorry but I dont think I can host you as a client anymore"... wow. Unless I'm proven wrong, it's very likely that David's probably just another school boy, and he's probably trying to close up shop so he can start cramming for finals.

It's funny how most webhosts really go through trials and tribulations around the times when the major school tests (such as finals. I had finals around this time in High School) occur. Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed this? Funny story, but I used to be a customer of a host who honestly, truthfully said this to me:

*****: um sorry but i cant host anybody anymore cuz i have alot of homework, n big tests are coming up and i need to study
    *****: sorry dudes, ill refund ur payments through paypal
    Revo: You're really going out of business?
    *****: yeah, my dadz gonna stop paying 4 the reseller account
    Revo: Um, sorry if I'm mistaken, but didn't you say on your site that you operate out of a Tier 1 datacenter and you have gigabits of connectivity?
    *****: wha?? o, thats the people who host me dude.
    flashwiregsn,

Oh tell me about! Im glad you understand feel what Im going through! He was online on msn for 24 hours well at least i belive so, anyways he then tells me:

David: Sorry, its 1am.. Ive been talking to you for the last 15 minutes....You cant say I dont spend time with my customers...
    Stanley: Your spending 15 minuets with me, you've been gone for over 8 hours. Well at least unreach able for 8 hours. Great customer service burv, abosluetly great..not

I think hes just a school boy. And to my thoughs I hardley think he knows linux, he pays everyone to get the job done.

I saw the UK servers add in a couple of mags with exceptionally low prices, ie a hardware raid 1 AMD 2800 with 1 GB ram for 29 per month. My immediate thoughts where if its too good to be true it probabily is !.

Then again the bandwidth overages are 1 per gig !!!!!

To me they were good at the first couple weeks, but then it just got worse. Their prices were great but they suck ***.