ThePlanet OS Reload.. whats your ETA?

I won't go into specifics, as its not really releavent but one of my servers requires an OS Reload. I've been a TP/SM customer for a pretty long time now, but i've actually never ordered an OS Reload with them before. I know with EV1 I was able to purchase an OS Reload and have it done in a matter of hours.

I am curious if you are a current customer of ThePlanet, how long did it take for them to start and complete the OS Reload? Much appreciated!
    www.JGRoboMarketing.com / "Automate. Grow. Repeat"
    █ Office: (800) 959-0182 / A KEAP Certified Developer (KCD)

I am not quite sure as it will depend on the situation. If you need this done fast, bug them about it In all seriousness, why not ask them for an ETA?

Cheers
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

I probably should of re-worded my post and topic a bit. Rather than saying ETA.. I should of asked.. from your experience how long did it take? I asked them.. and wasn't really given any time frame, that is why I was wondering.

I've heard from some people can be as soon as a few hours, all the way up to 48 hours. I can't imagine why it would take more than 3 - 5 hours for an OS Reload.. we'll see.

Originally posted by RealtorHost
    I probably should of re-worded my post and topic a bit. Rather than saying ETA.. I should of asked.. from your experience how long did it take? I asked them.. and wasn't really given any time frame, that is why I was wondering.

I've heard from some people can be as soon as a few hours, all the way up to 48 hours. I can't imagine why it would take more than 3 - 5 hours for an OS Reload.. we'll see.
    Well that really depends on their work load. TP is slower with support than they once were.

Cheers
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Btw, OS Reloads are given the same priority as new box orders. So, it could take up to 24 hours, hopefully less.

Cheers

Originally posted by elix
    Btw, OS Reloads are given the same priority as new box orders. So, it could take up to 24 hours, hopefully less.

Cheers
    Oh geez.. DONT TELL ME THIS!!

If it takes this long -----> ME

Mine have taken 5, 9 and 22 hours.. EV1 emergency restore rocks!!

This is one area where TP it totally lacking but I have also found most other providers have the same type of setup so EV1 seems to be the only one who offers this service.

All my TP servers have dual drives which seem to get a much faster turnaround for a swap when requested.

Personally a 1-2 hour restore is worth the cash to me when I need it regardless if its $50 or $250 when I need it I need it FAST!!

For a non-priority OS reload, ThePlanet takes 24 hours, however if you're really nice to them you can order the OS reload ahead of time, then have them schedule the OS reload to take place at a specific time. They're usually good at fulfilling their commitment to reload the OS on time.

Make sure you talk to their technical support guys *ON THE PHONE* to confirm this, and keep on bugging them to make sure they're on track.
    TWSites.com - Business Web Hosting Solutions & Server Management Since 2003

Originally posted by RealtorHost
    Oh geez.. DONT TELL ME THIS!!

If it takes this long -----> ME
    Confirmed by TP rep

Cheers

Welp.. I can only do what I can do. I guess i'll sit back, pull my hair out.. and sip on that Strawberry Daiquiri.

*UPDATE*

I'm extremly happy to say that TP has already completed the OS Reload. I didn't expect it to be done so fast. I already see a few things that aren't right.. but a pretty fast OS Reload.

Wow, not bad... better than I expected.

Oh yeah one more thing, don't ask for OS reloads over the weekend if you can help it... that's their busiest time and they're busy reloading goodness knows how many other servers at the same time. If you want the best possible service wait until midweek to do it (like now).
    TWSites.com - Business Web Hosting Solutions & Server Management Since 2003

DoCk good point... I am just assumming here.. but I would think a lot of people would have "scheduled" OS Reload at night on the weekends, to try to get things fixed and re-setup late at night on a Saturday night. Anyways, this is what a tech told me.. as I was thinking about doing an OS Reload on a private server a few months ago. Scheduled it for Saturday about 10:00p.m, but cancelled it Saturday morning.. as it wasn't really needed.