Buying a notebook?!

Ok I've been looking at notebooks for a while now, trying to figure out what to buy. I've had my eyes on a Fujitsu-Siemens S7010 and the small brother of the S7010, the V2020. In addition to that I've considered a IBM R50e or an Asus notebook. I've looked at reviews and I can't figure out which one I want to go for.

Requirements: I need a Centrino, 725 CPU minimum, 512 ram and 60 GIG hd. Not sure about the gfx card, but it shouldn't be shared memory! (hate that). Bluetooth & DVD Burner are not a must. I'll be using the notebook for website programming, flash work, photoshop design, some Maya and other gfx work.

Any input on the different brands is welcome. Ofcourse IBM is the most solid brand, but FS, Asus, HP and even Toshiba have caught up to IBM in the last couple of years. What do you guys use, and why did you choose what you chose? (oh and one last thing, DELL is out of the question hehe)

Let me know your opinion please..
    * Losers make excuses - winners make it happen *
    The only way to discover the limits of the possibilities is to go beyond them into the impossible.

Inspiron 6000

You can go here to find a $750 off $1999 coupon:

http://www.fatwallet.com/store.php?store=208

In addition, through fatwallet, you get 3% back (another $60).

I recently got a Inspiron 6000 for $1300 with these specs

2 GHZ Pentium M
    512 MB RAM (single stick)
    128 MB Graphics Card
    15.4" Widescreen with 1920x1080 display (it's incredible)
    Integrated wireless.
    Rich
    WebsiteMaven - Web Hosting Reviews, Guides, and Advice to Build and Promote your Web Site

Out of those you've listed, I'd go with the IBM. I've been on Toshiba notebooks for the last few years and now prefer those.

Crud...sorry about the Dell recommendation. I didn't see it was out of the question until after I read the bottom of your post.
    Personally I really like my Inspiron and did a lot of research before I got it but to each his own.
    Rich
    WebsiteMaven - Web Hosting Reviews, Guides, and Advice to Build and Promote your Web Site

You can get a notebook for under $5 at Walmart in the school section.

Believe or not, thats what my grandmother said to me when I talked about getting a notebook and the price of it

thanks for the feedback people. I haven't made up my mind yet, but I've narrowed it down to IBM, Toshiba or Fujitsu Siemens. I guess Fujitsu Siemens has the slickest design, but if design was the most important issue I could just as well buy a mac
    * Losers make excuses - winners make it happen *
    The only way to discover the limits of the possibilities is to go beyond them into the impossible.

DreamLevel, for the past few months I've been shopping for a PC myself and after reading numerous reviews and industry statistics/editorial charts, I'm going for IBM. I'm currently still looking to buy and I'm convinced that IBM, even though higher priced, deliver the best machines and the best experience.

The 2 notebooks I'll buy are: IBM T42 and X40. X40 was named the best notebook of the year on the market by VarBusiness magazine. And now the new X41 include fingerprint reader, too.

Best,
    Hosting Discussion - web hosting community.

Is your company represented?