Need unmettered server

Hi,

I'm currently have server on THE PLANET network (unmettered) but last few days they shut my server down cuz the claim on my server has so much Ddos attack caused the whole network frozen. They just put it back online and threaten me if it happend again, they will take down for good.
    So I am looking for one right now with in 10days ... My next billing cycle is gonna be on 25 of May. if anyone have any suggestion please lead me to.
    send my an email to [email protected] or PM msg from here

thanks
    It's just the same like last time!!!

i thought the planet had ddos protection. If you get lot of ddos i recommend staminus/blacklotus unmeter server
    Server4Sale
    Dirt CHEAP Servers coming soon

Originally posted by server4sale
    i thought the planet had ddos protection
    They do. Its just that he's at ServerMatrix, and on an unmetered line

If the server is unmettered (and thus capped to xx mbit), its none of the data centres concern if he got ddosed, the 10mbit or w/e should have been set aside for that server alone, and can be used in any form of traffic really. The only thing they should do is try to prevent further ddos not tell customer "stop getting ddosed as our network cant handle the package we sold you".

Originally posted by BSD2
    If the server is unmettered (and thus capped to xx mbit), its none of the data centres concern if he got ddosed, the 10mbit or w/e should have been set aside for that server alone, and can be used in any form of traffic really. The only thing they should do is try to prevent further ddos not tell customer "stop getting ddosed as our network cant handle the package we sold you".
    Yes it still is their problem - remember that the metering is done on their network, and DDoSes frequently involve more incoming traffic than the unmetered line can handle, and as you might guess, overwhelms routers at the ISP. It is very much their concern.

yeah... that's rite .. when I purchase the server they stated all their server has ddos protection and just recently, they shut down my server because of too much ddos.
    if anyone know any other place have good ddos protection please let me know.
    thaks
    It's just the same like last time!!!

Staminus has very good ddos protection.

Originally posted by kernelpanic
    Yes it still is their problem - remember that the metering is done on their network, and DDoSes frequently involve more incoming traffic than the unmetered line can handle, and as you might guess, overwhelms routers at the ISP. It is very much their concern.
    Still, if its on 10mbit port, they have no right to go "suspend" the customer for ddos, as the customer is entitled to use the 10mbit to the full, and if the hardware cant handle it its not the customers fault (ddos customer suspension is usually on emtered lines to prevent the isp paying extra for bw, but here the bw is fully paid by customer).

Still, if its on 10mbit port, they have no right to go "suspend" the customer for ddos, as the customer is entitled to use the 10mbit to the full, and if the hardware cant handle it its not the customers fault (ddos customer suspension is usually on emtered lines to prevent the isp paying extra for bw, but here the bw is fully paid by customer).
    most attacks are not just 10Mbit. If its a larger attack its going to start clogging up the switches etc but only let 10 to his server. This would backlog the routers etc causing problems for everyone.

Just like mooecow said, they are not suspending him for using up his traffic, they are suspending him for effecting the whole network. I would hate to be on the same segment as that machine if a 666Mbit attack came down the line...
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

Originally posted by justadollarhostin
    Just like mooecow said, they are not suspending him for using up his traffic, they are suspending him for effecting the whole network. I would hate to be on the same segment as that machine if a 666Mbit attack came down the line...
    your Mbit works great for this thread.

Originally posted by Mooecow
    This would backlog the routers etc causing problems for everyone.
    Afaik latest routers have ability to "drop" (ie get rid of) any data over a certain limit, thus if the router has to process more data than the 10 that it can, that data is simply ignored, thus no backlog.

anyway, this isnt helping the original question by that bloke, so lets get back ontopic

Re: Need unmettered server

Originally posted by vietkool
    Hi,

I'm currently have server on THE PLANET network (unmettered) but last few days they shut my server down cuz the claim on my server has so much Ddos attack caused the whole network frozen. They just put it back online and threaten me if it happend again, they will take down for good.
    So I am looking for one right now with in 10days ... My next billing cycle is gonna be on 25 of May. if anyone have any suggestion please lead me to.
    send my an email to [email protected] or PM msg from here

thanks
    Herpes patient!
    Ray Womack @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability

Afaik latest routers have ability to "drop" (ie get rid of) any data over a certain limit, thus if the router has to process more data than the 10 that it can, that data is simply ignored, thus no backlog.

anyway, this isnt helping the original question by that bloke, so lets get back ontopic
    What if the data that they are going to "drop" is the data that is a legit request for your webpage or a file?
    Mike from Zoodia.com

as i said, it only kicks in once over a certain amount is being processed, thus no backlog just limits it to 10mbit (hell, you can set it to 15 or w/e so that any major ddos of 100+mbit is droppeD).

How does the router decide which packets to drop and which packets to accept in this 10mbit limit?

*edit* not trying to start a big argument or tangent or anything, im not any router guru so I am asking out of curiousity
    Mike from Zoodia.com

Originally posted by justadollarhostin
    How does the router decide which packets to drop and which packets to accept in this 10mbit limit?
    QoS