Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JHosts [Merged]

Where did FrankC(JHOSTS) go?

The last week or so ive been noticing I havent been getting any mail, just figured "Hey, oh well, no one likes me anymore", but today I realised it was getting a bid fishey. I have alot of emails on my hosting plan With FrankC(Jhosts) and just forward them all to my gmail to make it easier. So I went over to log into my cPanel and It doesnt load "Wtf?", then I load up aim to msg FrankC(He idles 24/7) and hes not on. Hmm wierd, so I figured I should submit a support ticket. I load up http://www.account.jhosts.com and guess what? It doesnt load. Now I was getting pretty mad, whats going on? I opened up gmail and sent him an email at support@jhosts.com, and 3 seconds later I get a reply from "Delivery Status Notification (Failure)". Hmm, whats left? Ohh ill whois his domain and call his number. Ok phones ringing, Its some random lady's cell phone with a different last name who works at a hospitol, and is on vacation for a few weeks. Ok so whats next, what does he expect me to do ride up to his house in NY to get his attention? Next thing I do as my last hope I go to my domain name, and guess what appears? A search engine. A few weeks ago I paid for him to renew my domain, so now he doesnt and I loose it to a search engine mass domain buyer. I guess this is truely my last resort, FrankC if your out there, please come back and fix everyones hosting

Not sure. Called the 315-506-6817 number listed on his websites and got a Susan Alcheri with Riverfront Medical. Called a number that mikeylove pulled up from somewhere and it seemed to be his Mom's house. She said he wasn't available. I didn't want to be too nosey so I just hung up then -- probably should've asked how I could contact him otherwise.

Checked my AIM logs, and he hasn't been online since 4/16 at 7AM. I have no clue what the deal is, but I'm somewhat surprised by this.

this is what i call the classic kiddie host syndrome. The "kid" most are about 14-17 get a reseller account, get customers, take their money and then screw them over. im sorry for you thing happens to many every day my advice to you is to find a provider that is active on these forums as the ppl at wht will dig up anything on anyone around here the dishonest folks normaly dont post to much and dont stick around to long. Check out the advertising section and find yourself a decent host.

just my 0.02

remember price isnt everything

*sorry realy dont know the entire story may be wrong and if i am im sorry, jsut sounded like a typical kiddie host to me.
    Editied*
    Nick | BudgetVM
    1G | 10G | 40G | 100G Baremetal Servers
    Featuring Best in Class - In House DDOS Protection - No Voxility

Acatually he went on vacation, to quote him from irc:

[18:16] <FrankC> leaving for vacation tomorrow
    [18:16] <FrankC> can't wait
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

So much for support!
    Does he have any mention of 24/7 support on his site?

I was JUST about to post that steve
    Webair Internet Development Inc.
    Shared Hosting • Managed Dedicated Servers • SEO
    1.866.WEBAIR.1 • www.webair.com • 24/7/365 Support • Adult Friendly
    My comments do not reflect the views of the company or its management.

lol that would really suck if he *IS* trying to succeed in his business and it went down while on vacation...

bad business move
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

Originally posted by thelinuxguy
    Acatually he went on vacation, to quote him from irc:
    School holidays over there?
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

not that I'm aware of, afaik they start next week.

I'm just confused, doens't he advertise 24/7 support?

yea kids here get 4-20 off school... probley the dumbest move the educational system in indiana has ever made.... national stoners day off school.....
    Nick | BudgetVM

he didnt go on 4/20 holiday.
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

That is quite bad - there were no preparations made?
    No remote SSH with laptop on GRPS or blackberry/hiptop?

Somewhat interesting - I personally had a little more respect before this but thats baseminty.

i know i was just pointing out that kids are out of school in indiana.. they got like 3 days off last week to
    Nick | BudgetVM

Originally posted by HP-David
    That is quite bad - there were no preparations made?
    No remote SSH with laptop on GRPS or blackberry/hiptop?

Somewhat interesting - I personally had a little more respect before this but thats baseminty.
    Easy now.

Could be a series of unfortunate incidents. Maybe he's travelling and in a non cell phone area or something. These things do happen, and the server probably dropped at the most unopportune time.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

I got in contact with his mother - seems hes in the dominican republic and will be back on sunday. If any of his customers needs the phone number I was givin that has a voicemail he will be checking during his vacation, pm me. Also his mother said he brought his laptop so hopefully he has the net over there

Well - heres a few tips for FrankC when he gets back:

Next time notify your clients ahead of time and let them know that you will be contacting them all upon arrival at your destination at which time you will forward them your emergency phone #.

If any issue arrises - always have connectivity available (no matter what the price) or at least an internet cafe where you can again login and notify clients of the issues/what steps are being taken to resolve it.

Even a simple status page/blog would do the trick - doesn't need to be all that complex.

Anyways.. silly. Beyond silly.

Well at least we know something. I really hope he returns on sunday. I too am hosted by him and am very aggrivated by this.

Also, it appears that just the DNS servers are down. The file servers seem fine.

Sonikku,

So you're going to be without mail for another additional 6-7 days?
    As well I assume none of your sites are currently loading (other than via direct IP address - if that is allowed).

Seems like quite the amount of time to go without mail.

I'm hosted by Jhosts as well, anyone got any news to report?

Originally posted by HP-David
    Sonikku,

So you're going to be without mail for another additional 6-7 days?
    As well I assume none of your sites are currently loading (other than via direct IP address - if that is allowed).

Seems like quite the amount of time to go without mail.
    No, I mainly use Gmail anyways, so that not a huge deal. I'm mainly concerned with my website. Yes, none of them are loading. I don't even know my IP address, so I can't access my cPanel.

Gutter: at the moment its stipulated that FrankC is on vacation somewhere.

Maybe it's a sign to pack your bags and move on? Maybe not. If your site is mission critical then i assume you've already found a backup.

Keep trying to email/phone/fax JHosts till you guys can get in touch. It's sad to see that something as simple as dns would fail while the admin is on vacation.

Wanga,

It isn't exactly sad to see it fail - things break. Afterall we are dealing with computers here. Things are going to break and thats inevitable.

The problem is there were no preparations made - absolutely none it appears. No thought put into it whatsover and the clients are left to sink or swim rather than have a replacement take care of it.

David, I completely agree with that statement, preparations SHOULD have been taken, I know for us at least, the customer is the most important part of our company.

I would assume he would have had someone manage the servers for him while he's on vacation, apparantly I assumed wrong.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast