Unhappy email not going to site with other MX record

Hello everyone,

I am facing this major problem. I have a website hosted on my server ( with it MX record set to some other server. The website works fine but the emails originating from my server using mail( ) of php are coming back to my server as it tries to locate the mails addresses of to be on the same server. when actually they don't exist on my server.

I have also got the domain name A record to point to the original mail server for the

The mail( ) of php works absolutely file with all other email address than to

Here are the specifications of the server software:

CP: Cpanel 10.x
    MTA: Exim 4.43

Please note that the email sent from other sources like yahoo, gmail are received by the

Please help me to ensure that the emails sent using mail( ) reach the mail address or

You have to make sure that the DNS you are using on your server has correct MX entries for your domain

Also make sure that the above domain name doesnt exists on your localdomain file inorder to get it of local mail delivery issue.

Rubal Jain // E-Mail - Rubal [at] Rubal.Net
    Helm Control Panel Setup, Installation, Configuration, Troubleshooting
    Helm Server Move, Service Migrations, Restorations, IP Renumbering
    Windows Server Setup, Configuration, Troubleshooting, Basic Security & Hardening

Exim the cpanel mail server uses a file called localdomains, it checks that file and if a domain is listed in it then any mail sent from the server by a php, cgi script or from another domain on the server it skips reading the DNS zone.

Remove the domain with the offsite MX record from the /etc/localdomains file and add it to the /etc/remotedomains file.
    But be aware that anytime you run /scripts/mailperm or cpanel does a major update to exim it will add that domain back to the localdomains file and you will need to remove it again.

Thanks Rubal, Techark

I will make changes in the localdomains file.

Thanks a ton....

If you want to keep it from being added back to the localdomains file, simply open the /etc/remotedomains file and add that domain name there. Any domain listed in remotedomains will not be added back to localdomains.
    Marty Hoskins

oooo wow Marty, thanks for the tip.