Should they refund or not?

Ok, I've been with this host I am at now for about 3 months.

Throughout the time, I've had alot of downtime, server-lag from here to beyond, lost 3 of my high paying customers, the 24/7/365 support they offer is more like 1.2/4/150 and my business is now in debt.

Should they be responsible for refunding my three months payments?

Check their TOS as that will be what you are legally entitled to. Morally thats another question and we would need to at least know the host

Rus
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon

Originally posted by vaserv
    Check their TOS as that will be what you are legally entitled to. Morally thats another question and we would need to at least know the host

Rus
    Quontic Host

Well the prices on their website are reasonable so I would expect decent performance. I don't know if they have a rep on this board but going by their TOS you aren't entitled to a refund

http://www.quontic.com/index.php?qx=policies

5. Refunds

5.1. Quontic does not offer refunds on any hosting accounts. This is inclusive of those accounts cancelled before the end of the currently paid billing period, accounts in credit and any other occurrence under which a refund may be requested.

Originally posted by vaserv
    Well the prices on their website are reasonable so I would expect decent performance. I don't know if they have a rep on this board but going by their TOS you aren't entitled to a refund

http://www.quontic.com/index.php?qx=policies

5. Refunds

5.1. Quontic does not offer refunds on any hosting accounts. This is inclusive of those accounts cancelled before the end of the currently paid billing period, accounts in credit and any other occurrence under which a refund may be requested.
    So, I ain't entitled to a refund, meanwhile they are allowed to:

- False-advertise non-existant services.
    - Downtime that they have NO excuse for.
    - Support they DON'T offer, but advertise rampantly.
    - Ignore their customers.

That sounds real fair.

Well I would want to hear the hosts side before making any comment

Rus

Yeah! Good luck with that.

I've been as patient as I can be with this guy. Even now I sent him a PM on Yahoo! And what's he do? He ignores me and starts playing Y! Euchre!

Originally posted by ScreamingEaglePC
    Yeah! Good luck with that.

I've been as patient as I can be with this guy. Even now I sent him a PM on Yahoo! And what's he do? He ignores me and starts playing Y! Euchre!
    My 2c

Take this with pinch of salt, take it as a learning and move on to better host.

BTW: How do you reach to this host, never heard before about this host.
    <<snipped>><<snipped>>
    why?

Going by their TOS you are not entitled to a refund, though you certainly may feel otherwise we do have to go by their TOS and not feelings, unfortunately.

Originally posted by NeoGen
    My 2c

Take this with pinch of salt, take it as a learning and move on to better host.

BTW: How do you reach to this host, never heard before about this host.
    His Host was apart of the HostVOICE service owned by iNET (The owner of this forum).

HostVOICE offered a $20 rebate to sign up with one of these companies, but they don't tell you that you have to be with them a year in order to get that $20 rebate until after you sign up.

The rebate offer was printed on the signup forum, and you had to click it, which I did to read the offer .. Well, I guess at the very bottom in small ink it said "You must be with the recommened host for 1 year to receive rebate"!

I didn't lose much, but I am gonna let this guy know how I feel about it for as looooooooooong as I want to. He can't provide the services he promises, let alone requesting a transfer, contacting him to confirm it, waiting a month and a half only to find out he forgot.

It's just rediculous.

His customers are just a speck of dirt.. Not to be seen, nor heard, just walked on.

Refunds

My new company will be online within the week. Our policy will be to provide pro rata refunds for severe outages and for pre-paid accounts that are cancelled pursuant to our tos, and have remaining time on them.

It is legal to do up a TOS or contract, with no express or implied warranty, but it does not make good businsess sense.

I for one, being a hosting customer for many years feel that it is only fair to not charge someome for a service which is down, therefore my policy will be to issue refunds or credits for severe downtime.

I would not host with anyone who did not offer some kind of refund or credit policy. There are so many companies out there, that there is no need to put up with this!!
    Norm
    www.iHostKing.com/
    Internet Hosting & Design