call a script from another script in PHP

I just want to do something really simple, but I don't really know how (I'm using PHP).

I want to call a script at another host to run silently without the user ever finding out.

To be a bit more specific - I just want it for a simple counting script. For example on my main index.php page, I want to open http://www.somedomain.com/logging.php?x=referer and have the logging script just log the referer somewhere. I'm not quite sure how to call that script without making the index.php page actually go there.

Thanks!

I believe you just want to use include("url"); . Not sure exactly what you're asking, though.

Perfect =)
    Thanks, I appreciate it. I knew it was simple.

Keep in mind that some hosts disable the ability to do this, as as security measure.
    You cooin' with my bird?

Even if thats a problem (it being disabled), theres a ob_get_contents, or something along those lines, It pulls the contents of a file and you can then execute from there...

Ive used this a couple of times to pull someones newsposts (god bless newspro), cut them up, and format them into a nice little blog that fits into my websites scheme. Of course, I always gave credit to the news site & author

Nyture: what I meant was that some hosts will disable the ability to open remote files (whether by turning off fopen_url or otherwise), period. You can still get some of the same effect with curl, but it's much harder to execute remote files.
    You cooin' with my bird?

Thanks a lot everyone.

Either way, it is my own server, so I get to do what I want with it =)