Thread: AI IRC bots?

Cincinnati, OH

AI IRC bots?

This seems completely off-topic for this forum. But I can't think of a good forum to put this in.

Some of you may be familiar with the ALICE AI bot, and those AI bots that you can talk with over AIM or such. I used to run an Eggdrop module that interfaced with ALICE to provide AI chatting abilities to an existing IRC room management bot. But I forget what that script was named, and I think at the time I used it (a few years back) the script was already abandoned from development.

I was wondering if anyone knew of, or could suggest, AI chat bots like this for an IRC room, running on a Unix server (specifically FreeBSD). It seems like the only server bots I can find run on Windows, or are extensions to mIRC (again, Windows-only).

Thanks for any insight!

Yeah this post it's a little bit out of topic.
    Have you ever heard of eggdrops?
    Eggdrop is the world's most popular Open Source IRC bot, designed for flexibility and ease of use, and is freely distributable under the GNU General Public License (GPL).
    They run on every kind of *nix environments they are really simple to use, compile and config.
    After running it you have to install scripts for the AI, those scripts are called TCL's

Flint, Michigan
    Mike from
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at

Cincinnati, OH
    itech, re-read my message. Of course I know what an Eggdrop is, I RAN ONE! I was asking if there are any other AI systems out there, other than the Alice TCL script, that run under Unix.

justadollar, thx. I lost the link awhile ago.

Nothing that runs under *nix that I know of, however I created a mIRC Script a while back which was extremely similar to ALICE, learning capability, etc. However I threw out the project.

I don't remember what it was called, but there's a C++ ALICE out there that you can run in unix. I brought it in to WHTIRC a few times long ago
    Dan Grossman - dan @
    My Blog | Affiliate Program for Web Hosts