1and1 not honoring server upgrades?

I have had a 1&1 Managed Dedicated Server 1 over there for about a year now, and as some of you know, they recently upgraded their data transfer to 1,000 GB for the managed server 1, which is the one I have.

On March 22, I e-mailed them to make sure that my server package would be bumped up to 1,000 GB, and I got a reply that said that I had 1,000 GB bandwidth.

Fast forward to yesterday, and I get an e-mail that said that I have 500 GB of data transfer and that I'm approuching my limit. I'm thinking WTF, because I e-mailed them and they said I had 1,000 GB and on their FAQ page it says that exisiting customers would be upgraded:

Are server upgrades applicable for old packages?

If your existing package can be compared with new the packages offered we will adjust the included features accordingly. If, for example, we raise the amount of included traffic in a new package, your package will be adjusted to the new traffic as well. Please note that this does NOT apply to hardware upgrades!

Due to administrative reasons, the upgrade of features can take up to 4 weeks.
    It won't let me link directly to it because I have less than 5 posts, but I assure you that there is a page on their site that says this.

I e-mailed them back right away and I got a reply more than 24 hours later that said the pervious support person made a mistake and that I had 500 GB. He said that I had to sign up for another managed server 1 and move my domains and files over to it to get the upgrade. Not only is the monthly price higher, I'll probably have to pay the $99 setup fee again.

What do you guys think about this? The main thing that bothers me is that the FAQ page says that it would be upgraded, unless I'm missing something here....

It certainly seems as though you are entitled to the extra transfer, but not for another 4 weeks...
    Doyle Lewis
    BuyHTTP Internet Services - In business since 2003
    Business Hosting | nginx, CloudLinux, Varnish cache, and CDP with every business account
    Shared, Reseller, Semi Dedicated, VPS, Cloud, Dedicated - We can grow with you

Thanks for the reply, but 4 weeks after March 22 would be around April 22, and it's far past that date.

(Knowing absolutely nothing about 1&1 as I hear nothing but horrible comments about them)

Perhaps it is 500 GB Bandwidth In and out, thus making 1000GB?

Re: 1and1 not honoring server upgrades?

Originally posted by Mack123
    I have had a 1&1 Managed Dedicated Server 1 over there for about a year now, and as some of you know, they recently upgraded their data transfer to 1,000 GB for the managed server 1, which is the one I have.

On March 22, I e-mailed them to make sure that my server package would be bumped up to 1,000 GB, and I got a reply that said that I had 1,000 GB bandwidth.

Fast forward to yesterday, and I get an e-mail that said that I have 500 GB of data transfer and that I'm approuching my limit. I'm thinking WTF, because I e-mailed them and they said I had 1,000 GB and on their FAQ page it says that exisiting customers would be upgraded:

It won't let me link directly to it because I have less than 5 posts, but I assure you that there is a page on their site that says this.

I e-mailed them back right away and I got a reply more than 24 hours later that said the pervious support person made a mistake and that I had 500 GB. He said that I had to sign up for another managed server 1 and move my domains and files over to it to get the upgrade. Not only is the monthly price higher, I'll probably have to pay the $99 setup fee again.

What do you guys think about this? The main thing that bothers me is that the FAQ page says that it would be upgraded, unless I'm missing something here....

This not true.

We did not upgrade server traffic of existing servers. We begin offering NEW server packages with different specifications and prices.

Please ask your questions of support and not from people here.

[email protected]

or call us.

Wow, and to think that I had the 1&1 order page open for a dedicated server. I was seriously about ready to purchase one and I read that reply from 1and1Support. No offense man, but I'm sure that these forums have saved numerous people from your crappy @$$ support.
    fraudservers.com - for sale!

Well at 1 point apparently 1and1 did infact say that line.
    http://64.233.187.104/search?q=cache...kages%3F&hl=en

could they have just deleted that FAQ? Because http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...ld+packages%3F

brings you to their faq page and now that quote is gone, but clearly under cache it it true.

You are here: Overview :: Dedicated Servers :: Managed Server ::Article #5

Are server upgrades applicable for old packages?

If your existing package can be compared with new the packages offered we will adjust the included features accordingly. If, for example, we raise the amount of included traffic in a new package, your package will be adjusted to the new traffic as well. Please note that this does NOT apply to hardware upgrades!

Due to administrative reasons, the upgrade of features can take up to 4 weeks.
    I can only say one thing, "OWNED", <3 Google.

Oh, and 1and1Support dont start some long denial now, google got that info on 10th may, as clearly indicated by "retrieved on 10 May 2005 17:51:29 GMT." Same day as Mack's post dum dum dum!

Originally posted by Futbol4kee
    Well at 1 point apparently 1and1 did infact say that line.
    http://64.233.187.104/search?q=cache...kages%3F&hl=en

could they have just deleted that FAQ? Because http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...ld+packages%3F

brings you to their faq page and now that quote is gone, but clearly under cache it it true.

In defense of 1and1, they increased the pricing of that package as well, to simply grant you the extra transfer for free wouldnt make much sense from a business perspective.

I would however think it fair for them to upgrade your plan to the new one, without making you go through the setup fees and transferring your data. That is something along the lines of what EZZI would do in a similar situation.

Owned by google. Agreed.