Where is your Mac Mini?

I just ordered one last friday... right now it's in Shenzhen, China. Although, it should get here by friday.

I went ahead and purchased the 1.42 GHZ model with a Super Drive (DVD +/- RW), 512 MB of Ram and Microsoft Office.... the price came out just shy of $1000.

I can't wait to get it. I like the G4 I've been using at work, and it'll be nice to have a faster one at home.

Is anyone else contemplating purchasing one of these, or own one right now?

I am certainly not contemplating the purchase of a mac mini. I like building my own computers but to each his own.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

I've bought one not too long ago and actually like the little thing. I don't use it "everyday" but do make use of it on a regular basis.

I bought all of the bells and wistles... maxed everything out.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

I was considering going for 1GB of ram, but I figured I can always put it in later. I also didn't go for wireless because our whole house is wired for the network. (Every Room besides our 4 bathrooms) We also have a wireless network, but it's rarely used.

I can't wait to get it.

I have had mine for a month now and I love it. I also upgraded to Tiger, which is a good improvment. I still need to upgrade the memory, but it's a stable machine and I have actually been using it more than my primary Windows machine. I can see myself purchasing a PowerMac or even a Powerbook in the near future.

A PC is cheaper, faster, and works with everything else out there. That's what I am going to buy next
    New site: www.talkutas.com

Originally posted by freak
    A PC is cheaper, faster, and works with everything else out there. That's what I am going to buy next
    Please don't tell me that you are claiming that PC's are faster because of the GHZ. If you are, please go read up on how processors work, and what really matters.

It looks like my Mac Mini is in Alaska now...
    Last edited by Hosemeyer; 05-10-2005 at 08:22 PM.

Please don't tell me that you are claiming that PC's are faster because of the GHZ. If you are, please go read up on how processors work, and what really matters.

It looks like my Mac Mini is in Alaska now...
    I base it on personal experience with both computers. Even with Mac Minis, they are more expensive than PCs.
    New site: www.talkutas.com

Everyone loves to start a pc vs. mac argument

My friend has a Mac Mini, I love it.
    Empire Logo - Affordable and Professional Vector Logos

You could building a pretty powerfull PC with about $1000. I can't say anything about Macs since I have little experience with them but I'll stick with my PC.

Mine ended up on my wife's desk to replace her Windows machine, too many days spent removing spyware so now she has a Mac, overall she's taking to it pretty well.
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

Should we get into the correlations between OS and political philosophy?

Originally posted by Disgruntled
    Should we get into the correlations between OS and political philosophy?
    Just how many truck driving, gun toting, meat eating, redneck, conservative, republicans with strong liberal tendencies do you know?
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

Actually Macs are very fast, especially the new ones. Also, in PC's Mhz means nothing anymore either, a 1.7 Ghz Pentium M and easily beat a 2.4 Ghz Pentium 4 (-HT) any day

To just answer the question in the thread subject.. still at the store.

I actually got a PT job at a local Apple Store to feed my addiction of the wonderful Apple products.
    Know It All Solutions Incorporated
    Web Design, Web Development and Web Hosting

Originally posted by Dixiesys
    Just how many truck driving, gun toting, meat eating, redneck, conservative, republicans with strong liberal tendencies do you know?
    This being Idaho, I guess it depends on the meaning of "liberal tendencies". If being opposed to slavery counts, probably several.

I know that any "all people who are this use that" pronouncement is going to have lots and lots of exceptions.
    Still, I think Macs often have a kind of appeal-to-liberals image, as if Apple is less evilly [Is that the correct adverb of "evil"?]corporate than Microsoft. Take Doonesbury cartoons for example. And that comes to mind from this very thread, as I think of the last election with Democrats talking about opposing outsourcing while their politically correct Macs are made in China. At least my corporately evil, Bill Gates loving, desktop PC is assembled in U.S.A., and the DIMM is even made here.

Originally posted by Disgruntled
    At least my corporately evil, Bill Gates loving, desktop PC is assembled in U.S.A., and the DIMM is even made here.
    That's the funniest thing I've read on here in awhile. Thanks for that. Not all of them are assembled in the US, and let's not forget to mention that pretty much every part is purchased from outside the US. This is the perfect example of globalization.

I know most PC's aren't assembled in U.S.A. My desktop computer was built by a store in Boise that went out of business a year later, and my upgrade DIMM was made by Micron a.k.a. Crucial in Idaho. Of course my Dell laptop is another matter. The label on the computer says "Made in Malaysia". My USB floppy drive module is made in China. The little screw that secures the CDR/DVD-ROM module was in a little plastic packet that said "Made In U.S.A." I don't know whether that referred to the screw or just the plastic packet.

I'm so conservative that I think Bush & the Republicans are way too liberal to even think of calling themselves conservatives.

And I love Apple computers. Not because Apple is less evil than MS (altho they are), but because Mac OS lets me do what I want to do. Windows continually frustrates me with the things it can't do.

Well... it seems that Fedex was wrong, they delivered it two days early... Like always.

I'm using it right now to update this post, and I like everything about it.... It's quite fast, I've already put the upgrade cd in for Tiger, and have tiger running.

I was a purchase well worth the nearly 1000.

for all those hard-core pc users, remember what you get when you get a mac.

A Top-Notch Computer
    An Operating System
    Many Useful programs (unlike other computer manufaturers that give you a bunch of junk)

Plus, I bought Microsoft Office 2004 : Mac Edition with it...