hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : Currency Price difference for EXACT package

Forum Jump

Currency Price difference for EXACT package

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-10-2005, 04:47 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

Currency Price difference for EXACT package

Check this out.
I calculated my requirements for a possible website.
I tried for 2 orders - both of the packages having the EXACT specs - the only difference is that one of them was in USD and the other in INR currencies respectively.

In USD it came to $125
In INR it came to Rs. 3131

$126 is approx Rs 5500

These are the Input Values for my Package in BOTH cases - INR and US$
> ====================================================
> Web Space : 20 MB
> No Of FTP Uses : 1 User
> Bandwidth : 1000 MB / month
> Email Space : 5 MB Space
> No of Email Boxes : 1 POP Account
> Email Bandwidth : 100 MB
>
> Enable PHP / CGI / SSI / FrontPage
>
> Database Space : 100 MB Space
> No: Of Databases : 1 Database
> No: Of Database Users : 1 User

When I emailed directi support I got the reply :
Quote:
We have kept the pricing higher for customer who chose USD as the currency and the pricing is based on similar packages from other big hosting provider from the US.

Order the package according to your requirement and chose the currency as Indian Rupee, so you are automatically charged at the lower price.
Question is : If someone wants to hosts at directi then who the hek is going to pay in USD ?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2005, 04:45 PM
WHT Addict

Re: Currency Price difference for EXACT package

Quote:
Originally posted by anjanesh
Question is : If someone wants to hosts at directi then who the hek is going to pay in USD ?
I doubt that many people from outside India know the actual currency exchange rates.
Most likely they won't notice the price difference

That's business. Many companies try to charge what they can get in a certain market or country

Old 05-11-2005, 08:04 PM
Web Hosting Master

From the description, it appears that Directi is an Indian based company. They probably kept the pricing as such probably so as to protect themselves from any exchange rate changes. If you are dealing with international currency exchanges, you will no doubt be experiencing wild rates changes and they probably do not want to change them on a daily or weekly basis. Also there may be some additional charges for them when converting US dollars back to their native Rupees. Any financial institution handling the transaction would indeed want to get a cut somewhere.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2005, 08:07 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

The currency exchange rates change everyday. It is better for them to set a rate rather than change their biling system settings everyday.

Old 05-11-2005, 08:21 PM
Retired Moderator

The set rate does help but I think it's obvious that they're out to make a profit. The US market will always pull in more than the Indian market right now when it comes to many online things so they adjust prices accordingly. Can't say I blame them.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
After Losing 850,000 Bitcoins, Crypto-Currency Exchange Mt. Gox Files for Bankruptcy Protection Web Hosting News 2014-02-28 13:06:58
Taking Volatility Out of Bitcoin For Web Hosts Web Hosting News 2014-02-03 16:46:52
Kanye West Sues Digital Currency Coinye, Alleged Hosting Provider AWS Web Hosting News 2014-01-15 12:57:34
Bitcoin Value Drops 23 Percent After Software Glitch Discovered Web Hosting News 2013-03-12 12:24:35
Web Host Hosting.co.uk Now Accepts Bitcoins to Broaden Customer Reach Web Hosting News 2013-02-15 16:00:55