MySQL Web Hosts Paranoid?

I'm having problems using MX Kart from Interakt having to do with hosts not allowing certain MySQL Commands. Here is what I posted on Interakt's Forum:

Hi,

I recently began working with MX Kart and I've been having some trouble locating a web host that allows all the neccessary MySQL commands. I'm working with PHP/MySQL. I've searched this forum and found that not being able to use DROP TABLE IF EXISTS and CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE will cause my problems.

My first attempt with GoDaddy hosting was a bust. They didn't allow the commands and wouldn't say why. Now I'm worried about buying into another host that wont work. I've emailed a few of the hosts that look good without luck.

Is it common for web hosts to be so paranoid? What hosts have people used successfully?
    Any ideas?

I haven't bought shared hosting in a few years, but when I did that was not normal. It's not unusual for a host to deny access to the mysql server from outside local webpages, but I never heard of preventing you from issuing DROP TABLE commands.
    Dan Grossman - dan @ awio.com
    My Blog | Affiliate Program for Web Hosts

Indeed that is very strange. Isn't "drop table if exists" a mysql4.1 feature though? I mean the "if exists" part, not drop table obviously.

Anyway it shouldn't be hard for you at all to find a host which supports this.

Yeah, that is wierd. If your MySQL user owns the table you should be able to drop it. I'd ask your host why they don't let you do that. It isn't a security risk, so long as you only have access to your own table space.

Take care,

Brian
    :: 1StopWebHosting.com :: - Professional Web Hosting Services
    ::
    :: Featuring the CPanel Control Panel running on CENTOS Linux servers
    :: We offer Shared Web Hosting, Business Hosting, Java / J2EE Servers and Dedicated Server solutions.

[nevermind - somehow I posted in the wrong thread...]
    :: 1StopWebHosting.com :: - Professional Web Hosting Services
    ::
    :: Featuring the CPanel Control Panel running on CENTOS Linux servers
    :: We offer Shared Web Hosting, Business Hosting, Java / J2EE Servers and Dedicated Server solutions.

The people at Interakt agree that there isn't a security risk excuse. It isn't like the temp table can remain....as soon as the connection is dropped it's deleted. Oh well, I'm going with hostgator as I have a definite answer from them about this.

We would like to wish you all the luck with HostGator for your web hosting.

You can't compare Godaddy with other hosts, I had to leave because they barely allow php to operate.