Heads-up Fraud order

I just found this fraudulent order and figured I'd share in case anyone else had this joker trying to signup:

IP: 209.210.25.192
    email on the order: [email protected]
    domain on the order: ebayfees.info (guess what sorta site was on it?)

The phone number on his order went to a church
    The phone number on the whois goes to a pizza place

The order was placed using what I'm sure is a stolen card (since the # given is a church in Georgia who knew neither the name of the cardholder nor the name on the whois).
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

I receive 4 orders today, USA addresses, but with domain names like abc.com.VN, obvious giveaways.

He's already hosted by another host at EV1 http://nathosting.com/
    Wonder if nathosting is a member here, I'll take a quick look and if so PM them that they need to nuke this little fraudster and phisher.
    resident grumpy redneck

We got one similar with same IP class.. the domain was ebay-vconfirm.com

I guess these guys think if they get Ebay or Paypal in the name people will be less likely to check?? they might be right.. Scammers
    Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Just got another fraud order, domain name? "webscr-cgi-bin-verificaion.com" gee I wonder what that could be.

Anyway email on the order is [email protected], the name and address is fake of course, but the credit card worked of course, voided the transaction and tried to call the number, fake of course.

Ip on the order is an AOL ip so I won't block it since it's a dynamic ip.
    resident grumpy redneck

Originally posted by Dixiesys
    Just got another fraud order, domain name? "webscr-cgi-bin-verificaion.com" gee I wonder what that could be.

Anyway email on the order is [email protected], the name and address is fake of course, but the credit card worked of course, voided the transaction and tried to call the number, fake of course.

Ip on the order is an AOL ip so I won't block it since it's a dynamic ip.

Does anyone actually let these kind of domains sign up for hosting? Just wondering what % of hosts allow auto-account creation? That is insane

Robert
    Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Originally posted by GWDGuy
    Does anyone actually let these kind of domains sign up for hosting? Just wondering what % of hosts allow auto-account creation? That is insane

Robert
    Screen your orders, that's a given.

Instant creation is a bad idea I've said it before, I'll say it again, and I say it now.

I mainly hope other hosts will at least check these email addresses to see if they match any existing accounts on their services. Every time I see a "heads up fraud" type post here, I instantly search for the email (if given) to see if that email is on my servers anywhere either.
    resident grumpy redneck

We have always done manual set-up and very strict fraud screening. If Anything looks quirky we pick up the phone and call the customer. If we can't catch them on the phone we email and ask them to clarify to try to get a straight answer out of what is "off" on the sign up. We only allow 24 hours response time before returning the $$ to them.

We have 1 fraud order ever get through and that one was still questionable since we canceled for AUP issue 2 months after the account started and they filed a chargeback saying the CC was used fraudulently?? tricky dogs.

Auto-creation accounts seems like a bad idea to me even if it takes a little extra work to set up accounts manually

Robert

10. It's nice to see that everyone is looking out for everyone else! I'd like to say that I'd like to see them give up, but that's obviously not going to happen! And even if these people are in the US, there's little chance of anyone actually prosecuting them.