Banner/logo for dynamic pages

I previously had a site that was static at 750px wide. I recently worked at it, and changed it to stretch for higher resolutions so now it`s dynamic.

The problem is, and I`m no expert!! I have a banner/logo that is also 750px wide, but now that the site is dynamic it obviously leaves a big gap to the right on higher resolutions.

So how (in laymens terms) can I get around this?

Someone mentioned tiling, but I really don`t understand that too well. Is it possible to create the same banner but in two different sizes, to accomodate the resolutions. Maybe a script of some kind that can detect what resolution someone is using and switch banners/logos? Any suggestions and help would be most welcome Whatever is the easiest for me to understand.

Ps. I tried a `resolution sniffer` script, but it wouldn`t work in mozilla

You could keep the 750px column static and make the left/right margins increase for higher resolutions. Otherwise, I'd suggest modifying the logo and background behind it so when the middle column is stretched, the logo stayed in the top left and it blends to the background color to the right of it. Or put a repeated background on the stretched part that it blends into.

Resolution sniffing is a bad idea even if it did work well. I'm glad you dropped it.

There are certain visual techniques you can apply to an image to make it suitable for fluid display. If you would post a link to the image, I can take a stab at making it work for you
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

Originally posted by the_pm
    Resolution sniffing is a bad idea even if it did work well. I'm glad you dropped it.

There are certain visual techniques you can apply to an image to make it suitable for fluid display. If you would post a link to the image, I can take a stab at making it work for you
    Even if the logo is based on a photo? Sounds complicated. I can forward a link if you wish, I would appreciate some help

Ps. What are the known problems with resolution sniffing scripts? I managed to get a script working in all browsers, which resizes the image to suit the resolution.