Looking for a simple Cpanel for "angelfire" / "geocities" type hosting.

I would like something simple i can just drop into my hostees directory so they can login and edit their files with out having to do the whole FTP thing and also would like to have a built in uploader with it. Im not making a hosting company i just host some of my friends and i would liek to make it a little more convinient since they dont even know html! laugh, im trying to help them get into it and teach them plus at work ftp access is blocked so thats why i want the live file editor..

Do such scripts exist? I looked around but it seems as if they are all for pure domains and well they dont need something that complex. Although a possible Mysql editor would be a nice edition.. anyways any help would be appreciated i guess im just not sure on what search terms to use to find what im looking for.

Thanks!
    Tony

Note: I dont have access to a command prompt to -install- a cpanel, thats why i was more or less looking for a -drop in script- where they can manage their own sub directory for uploading and editing files.

Let me understand what you are looking for a little better. Is it just a file manager you are looking for? Are you looking for a program that will allow them to build sites from templates? Or are you looking for a more complete hosting-type solution with file manager, email, etc.?
    Mark Oberg
    Techweenies.com

(No longer affiliated with Uneedawebsite.com)

There was a product, awhile back, called "Genisis", made by XAV software, or something....

It is a pay software, but I think the license is like 30 bucks.
    Dan Sheppard ~ Freelance whatever

Doh! Thanks hahaha yes file manager is 100% more of what im looking for! Off on another search! Thanks!

well i tried posting a some nice file managers i found but they said no posting links but i found one called "phpXplorer" im in middle of uploading it but from what i can tell its awesome its a .org for those of you insearch of the same thing.

One called "Comet"..not sure if it supports multiple users.

Ahh!! found it somehting SIMPLE drop and go! heheh

http://www.qto.com/fm/index.htm

there now im settled hehe the phpxplorer was way confusing not evne sur eit really was what i needed. Ill have to surf for comet see if its any better. Thanks

Ok one step up

http://www.solitude.dk/filethingie/

pretty nice too more function and even simpler and much more customizable.

laugh im having fun sorry ill stop hope these help someone surfing the site

Glad to see that you found what you were looking for.

Mark
    Mark Oberg
    Techweenies.com

(No longer affiliated with Uneedawebsite.com)