Exim and mails from Microsoft passport

Hello,

I'm using Cpanel with exim. Many of my users complain that they don't receive verification email when they sign up for MS passport service. I checked exim_mainlog and see this:

2005-05-09 16:30:40 1DV9HM-0005zf-GC H=(servera01.cpsmtpout4.msn.com) [207.46.132.135] F=<[email protected]> rejected after DATA: syntax error in 'From:' header when scanning for sender: malformed address: <[email protected]> may not follow "Microsoft .NET Passport" <[email protected]> in ""Microsoft .NET
    Passport" <[email protected]> <[email protected]>"
    2005-05-09 16:30:40 1DV9HM-0005zg-RH H=(servera04.cpsmtpout4.msn.com) [207.46.132.147] F=<[email protected]> rejected after DATA: syntax error in 'From:' header when scanning for sender: malformed address: <[email protected]> may not follow "Microsoft .NET Passport" <[email protected]> in ""Microsoft .NET
    Passport" <[email protected]> <[email protected]>"

So exim rejects bad email, but i see other services like free @myway.com receives it like:
    From: Microsoft .NET Passport <[email protected]>, <UNEXPECTED_DATA_AFTER_ADDRESS@.SYNTAX-ERROR.>

Apparently there's something bad in message from MS Passport, but does anyone know a way how to make exim accept it?

Thanks

How about whitelisting the domain passport.net globally under exim ?

Try this and see if it resolves the issue.

Regards.
    Rubal Jain // E-Mail - Rubal [at] Rubal.Net
    Helm Control Panel Setup, Installation, Configuration, Troubleshooting
    Helm Server Move, Service Migrations, Restorations, IP Renumbering
    Windows Server Setup, Configuration, Troubleshooting, Basic Security & Hardening

Did you ever solve this? Im having this issue to, and would like to know how you fixed it.
    Max Wilson

Actually it's passports error, since they send bad headers...so far i found no solution. Maybe it's their way of making users to open hotmail accounts

Originally posted by princo
    Actually it's passports error, since they send bad headers...so far i found no solution. Maybe it's their way of making users to open hotmail accounts
    Maybe we can start emailing them and see if they will fix it. I almost lost a few customers becuase of it.
    Max Wilson

HAHAHAHAAH

what BS, i went to try to contact support and hit send email now and get a big fat ERROR

The requested web page is not available. Please visit the home page:
    Max Wilson

No wonder they're called Micros*it

Once i wake up im gona call them and not hang up till they fix it hahahaha.
    Im betting that you can only get the emails from them with Exchange. lol

Telephone
    1-800-MICROSOFT (1-800-642-7676)
    Max Wilson

Also some other system do not recognize their emails. Apparently they're using RFC1870 which Exim doesn't understand yet. It's some expanded header protocol...
    So after all it might not be all their mistake...

Originally posted by princo
    Also some other system do not recognize their emails. Apparently they're using RFC1870 which Exim doesn't understand yet. It's some expanded header protocol...
    So after all it might not be all their mistake...
    http://www.exim.org/pipermail/exim-u...09/006862.html

That is from 1998 and Exim seems to be able to understand it.