I dont think your DC will install Helm and do basic security and lockdown on your server.
If you want you can contact us and we'll install Helm along with Basic Security and Lockdown.
This is what we generally do with Helm installation, configuration and security.
Server Security :
1) Set most restrcitive permissions possible at root of drive and other folders.
2) Disable Null sessions to prevent unauthized access to user list on machine, which can then be used with a password cracker to gain illegal access to machine.
3) Install URLScan to prevent malicious requests from getting to IIS and causing a buffer overflow.
4) Enable ASP.NET impersonation, so that clients can not access other customers directories.
5) IIS Mods/Permissions/Various Log File Generation
6) MailServer Security/Mail Relaying settings to protect SPAM
7) FTP Security
8) Front Page Extensions Security
9) Installing MBSA
10) Event Logging etc.
Software Installations :
- MS-SQL Enterprise Manager (To Manage Helm's MSDE if required)
- Active Perl 5.8.x ( Latest )
- PHP CGI 4.3.x, Zend Optimizer 2.5.2 for Windows
- Soap Toolkit 3.0
- MS XML 4 SP2
- Winzip 9.0
- MySQL Database Server 4.0.x ( Latest) , ODBC Drivers, phpMyAdmin, mySQL Front and MySQL Admin
- AwStats 6.4 ( Latest )
- EditPad Lite Text Editor
- Jmail 4.4, aspSmartUpload, Persists ASPMail/ASPUpload
(All Free/Trial Versions. You need to get licenses for them)
- Helm Latest
- Mail Server
PM me if you are interested. You can also contact me on MSN < Rubal @ Rubal .Net >
¶ Rubal Jain // E-Mail - Rubal [at] Rubal.Net
¶ Helm Control Panel Setup, Installation, Configuration, Troubleshooting
¶ Helm Server Move, Service Migrations, Restorations, IP Renumbering
¶ Windows Server Setup, Configuration, Troubleshooting, Basic Security & Hardening