experiences: fuitad.net and below10host.com

below10host.com

i used these guys for a good three years on my major site. i HIGHLY reccomend them for smaller sites. their tech support is always very, very quick. they always tell you if anything major is happening and send several warnings before you go over bandwith.

because they are constantly upgrading, they also will often give you free account upgrades for no discernable reason. they are extremely helpful- the times i have had to install php or other such things, they are always on the line to fix what i've broken and tell me where i went wrong.

downtime does happen OCCASSIONALLY, but is for very short spurts (usually less than an hour) and if you contact their department, they readily tell you why and how soon it will be back up. below10 support requests are usually answered in two hours, regardless of the time of day you sent it in.

the only problem is that if you use a good deal of bandwith, it can get pricey. while always ready to upgrade your bandwith and never 'shutting down' your site without warning you first, the extra costs really can send you begging for nickles from site visitors. also, when you plan to leave the host, they can be annoying. while they will delete your account quickly once you get the ground rules down, they will try to beg and pleed you into staying. i still keep my smaller site hosted there. they're good. reccomend. :3

fuitad.net

this was reccomended to me by a friend. she has a low-bandwith site and is not all that webmaster-y. i should have known better. while their pricing is better than below10, their tech support is BALLS. it must be run by apes in south america.

when my site went over bandwith (as it is wont to do), they did not even give a single warning. i was in a hotel in japan at the time, too, so i wasn't pleased. when i contacted their department i was first off given major sass and treated like a moron- until i told them english was my first language. watch that turn around. tech support is racist there.

also, following that, after much hassling they finally agreed to add some bandwith and bill me. and how much did they add? a gig. a measely gig. i'd blown through 60, and they gave me one. the site was back down in an hour and i was pissed. i had to go back through tech support again.

when i stated i knew it would cost me extra and i had looked at the rates but i still required 30 gigs and to JUST BILL ME THE DAMN COST, they proceeded to send a series of e-mails stating over and over again that it would cost me X dollars and was i SUUUUUUURE? yes, it's the middle of the month. i'm sure. finally the bandwith was increased. i still didn't recieve a single warning mail about it going down.

i'm in the process of moving out of fuitad now, to emaxhosting.com which i have heard is good.

is e-max really any good though? any experiences?

Re: experiences: fuitad.net and below10host.com

Originally posted by soshika
    i'm in the process of moving out of fuitad now, to emaxhosting.com which i have heard is good.
    is e-max really any good though? any experiences?
    WebHostingTalk has a nice search feature
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search.php?s=

You should find some information and experiences.
    I recommend to use the option "Show results as posts"

Yangxi

thank you :3 as a newbie to the forums, what can i say.

emax is already being pretty helpful. their tech support is really fast, and they offer to explain just abotu anything. which is a huge bonus. trying to use my credit card when i'm in japan causes their fruad sensors to go ballistic

trying to use my credit card when i'm in japan causes their fruad sensors to go ballistic
    Yeah, when the credit card address and the country IP don't match,
    the red warning lamps will get active

BTW, did you paint the pictures by yourself?

which picture? the one on the skeleton-directories i'm now putting up? or ones from before i started the move last night?

because in the skeleton directory, there is a bunch of fanart that i didn't do myself, and you may have been looking at that. the site itself is all orangized, so if you were looking at it completed- yep, those are mine.

only the backgrounds are painted. the characters are done in micron pen and prismacolour marker, to make them stand out.

The pictures in the directory list at http://hekshano.com/

Couldn't find a "real website"

*most* are mine though some are really old. i'm trying to get it all uploaded now but there's like 200mb of files and my ftp will time out after a certain amount if i try to upload too many at once.

i have an art gallery on sheezyart, if it feels like working. it's sheezyart.com, just put shimofuri as the subdomain. i have too few posts to post urls here yet.

stuff in that style is me :B

Interesting stuff, and a nice hobby you have

To upload 200MB would take me 3,5 hours with my DSL connection
    because upload is limited to only 15kb/s

yig. i'm not sure of the specs on my host family's net. all i know is it's wireless, and by god, it's a decent speed. but i've been at the upload for around an hour now.

fuitad is being their typical dense self. i asked how to cancel my account, and rather than check to see if i had bothered to back up my files, they send me emails saying to back up my files. if they had looked, they would have seen i already did. yesterday. when i found the new host.

emaxhosting had a small bug setting up my account, but i was notified (! horray!) and they resolved it quickly, sending me new, correct information.

also i noticed emaxhosting defaults to disabling hot-linking. it's very easy to disable the protection, but i expect newer webmasters might be confused if they haven't used a cpanel before.

emaxhosting had a small bug setting up my account, but i was notified (! horray!) and they resolved it quickly, sending me new, correct information.

also i noticed emaxhosting defaults to disabling hot-linking. it's very easy to disable the protection, but i expect newer webmasters might be confused if they haven't used a cpanel before.
    With hotlinking enabled without knowing it can cost you a lot of bandwidth

Nice to hear you are happy with emaxhosting so far Don't forget to write
    a detailed review about them after some months. Like your informative reviews
    about below10host.com and fuitad.net

Yangxi