Looking For A Detailed CPU Log Monitor For CPanel

We have recently been having some heavy load issues on our server. Maybe 2-3 times a day, the cpu will shoot up to 20+, and after a few minutes go back down. Sometimes the CPU spikes are more moderate, and not really noticeable. However, when the CPU shoots up to 20+, it is extremely difficult to check the cpu processes in SSH.

Does anyone here know if there is a web based CPU load monitor, that actually keeps logs and shows which websites and scripts are actually utilizing the CPU? I am looking for something with much more detail than the apache status in WHM.

Thank you!

Long Island, New York
    This would certainly be nice to have, however I have never found it necessary to have such a tool. It is pretty simple to run "top" and look for the source of the load as it is occuring. - Business Web Hosting Solutions & Server Management Since 2003

You can use the shell script, described below:

I would highly recommend nagios for this use. I have been installing and using this softwares for monitoring more than 200 servers for various clients for the last two years. This is the most powerful monitoring software. The main and important plus point is that it wont increase the server load. Nagios can be used to check your cpu load, check all the services httpd,mysql,named everything. Also it can be used to check your swap usage disk usage no of processes in the server, who all are logged in. Ahh lot of things are there. One more thing its is very simple to manage once it is installed.

Please enable the swap checker. Also while installing make the nagios history working properly. Now can watch the memory usage and load at the same which will help you a lot. Its been a great help for me to find the reasons for server down.

Also try to code your own plugins for nagios.