Registerfly replacement

I am very unhappy with the support at Registerfly. Apart from being very slow -- it took them about 24 hours to reply to a support ticket -- they also failed to identify a serious DNS problem with one of my domain names, and it seems like I'll have to wait for at leats another day until they get to my second ticket, and hopefully solve the problem this time. In the meantime, the domain name is not working properly.

I was wondering whether there are reliable registrars (ones that are not likely to disappear) that provide low-cost domain registration, good control, and better and faster support. Anti-spam protection (equivalent to Registerfly's spamfly) is also important.

Are there any such registrars you can recommend? So far I know only about namecheap, but I don't know whether they provide free spam protection (hide the e-mail addresses in the whois record) and how good their control panel is.

Thanks in advance

IndoUS Hosting Quality IT Services since 2004
    Shared Hosting Reseller Hosting Dedicated Servers Domain Names
    Custom Web Development Mobile Application Development SEO
    Custom E-Commerce Solutions, Sports Portals, Health Care - Health Tourism Portals

Thanks.

So far I have been using their ticket system, and it has taken them about 24 hours to answer, no matter how urgent the problem was, and each mistake (on their part) added another whole day to the prospect of solving the the problem...

I have faced same issue regarding the URL redirection on some of my domains...I've notified them by ticket and email and luckily they fixed it after 24 hours...

Later I found out that it was the probolem with enom and not RF and thats why they kept the ticket OPEN for 24+ hours

Today I saw Registerfly in the ICANN accredited registrars list and that proves how serious they are about business!
    Custom E-Commerce Solutions, Sports Portals, Health Care - Health Tourism Portals

So far I haven't had a problem with Namecheap, so I haven't tested how well they respond if one happens. They do offer Whoisguard privacy protection. First year is free, and after that it costs more that Registerfly's protection but less than Godaddy's. Namecheap provides the unit of Whoisguard, and it is up to you to manually apply it to your domain if you want to.
    I had a few questions for Godaddy, not surprising as their website isn't the world's easiest to navigate. Telephone support was pretty good. I have heard that response by other means is more sluggish. They offer Domainsbyproxy privacy protection.
    Here is some more discussion on privacy protection:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=398448

Originally posted by CSDesk
    Today I saw Registerfly in the ICANN accredited registrars list and that proves how serious they are about business!
    You're right! They even have the ICANN-accredited logo on their
    own site!

Congrats are in order to regfly and registerfly, then! But kindly get
    the above poster's problem fixed ASAP: think of it as a baptism of
    fire as registerfly marks its first few days as an ICANN-accredited
    registrar!

24 hours isn't that bad - I've seen much worse response times. Whatever problems you have with your DNS, switching to another registrar isn't going to solve them.

Just sit tight for a day or two, and I'm sure RegisterFly support will do their best to solve whatever DNS issue you are having.
    Jeremy Maddock
    WealthStream.info - Internet Marketing Articles and Advice

I have just received a totally irrelevant answer, which shows they didn't bother to check the problem before they wrote it. Another day of total website inavailability ahead (this the the optimistic scenario).

Originally posted by WealthStream
    [B]24 hours isn't that bad - I've seen much worse response times. Whatever problems you have with your DNS, switching to another registrar isn't going to solve them.
    Agreed. Domain registration transfers take effect successfully from
    1-2 days up to 7 days on the average.

How about posting the name here? Maybe the peeps here can
    help.

What do sites like dnsreport.com say? Traceroute or dig?

The problem is this. I had to change the IPs of my private nameservers, but something went wrong with the change, and now my nameservers are considred by registerfly's system as "registered," but have no IP associated with them.

Now, in order to modify a nameserver registerfly requires to specify the old IP, but as the "old IP" is blank, and the system won't accept blank as a valid value, I cannot specify the correct IPs.

I am also unable to delete the namservers and start over, because some domains over which I have no direct control are using them, and the system won't let me delete a nameserver until no domain is using it.

It seems like the support staff at registerfly didn't bother to read the details. They probably used something like dnsreport, which just reports a timeout getting the NS record, and said the nameservers are probably not registered and that I should try to register them again...

This question might seem a little offtopic but have any of you noteced that registerfly website is really slow? It used to load really fast but now it is really slow.
    My Blog - www.Bakie.net
    My Entertainment site - www.SpudMud.com

For me it has always been very slow.

A week and a half on, the problem is still unsolved. All I got was a reply that showed that no one bothered to look into the problem seriously. I am very disappointed with registerfly.

Have you placed a ticket for this issue or mailed someone?

I used their ticket system. This morning I submitted another ticket, which unlike previous ones, was answered quickly, and claimed the problem was solved. I am still unable to use their web interface to make DNS changes for the domain in question, and when I check my nameservers through their interface, they seem wrong as before.

But finally, when checked from the outside (using DNSreport.com, for rinstance) everything seems to be set up propery.

So now everything works, I think, but I learned that it won't be a good idea to keep important domain names with registerfly.com.
    Last edited by okok; 05-20-2005 at 08:28 AM.

Glad to know it is fixed...