Hybrid View

Would you trust GoDaddy to keep expensive or domains generating a lot of $$$?

Would you trust Go Daddy to keep domains generating a lot of $$?

or worth a lot?

Are they reliable as all other regitars?

Can anyone give me examples of expensive or domains doing a lot of transactions hosted at GoDaddy?

Thanks

me personally no, but many people trust them
    Domain Maven

There are still many popular domains present at GoDaddy that are doing large transactions or are big themselves. I can't give more details due to various reasons.
    Name123.com [ We are online Since 2004! ]
    Cheapest Domain Registration & Reseller Services!
    ENOM Domain Reseller Account with Lowest Industry Prices! (Details)
    Plus Excellent Technical Support Along The Way!

heck no. as much as i like their pricing, and i think they have a ceo who communicates with the masses, their customer service is lacking. i like knowing the place i keep my domains is on my side.
    No Signature Required

The best place to keep expensive and important domains is network solutions right?

Originally posted by joephill
    The best place to keep expensive and important domains is network solutions right?

Kidding aside, if you really want a registrar that focuses on online
    security and is amenable to giving lower prices, lookup moniker.
    But they recently upgraded, so tread carefully.

Network solutions is bad also?

I tought they were very good.

One of the most valuable domains that I know uses Godaddy is Webhostingtalk.com

Registered through: GoDaddy.com
    Domain Name: WEBHOSTINGTALK.COM
    Created on: 23-Mar-00
    Expires on: 23-Mar-08
    Last Updated on: 04-Nov-03

I think you would be fine as far as registering a domain. But considering they are a reseller of a reseller, I wouldn't expect their support to be as efficient as a registrar/webhost that actually owns the severs they sell domains/hosting on. In the event of a problem, I'd imagine they would have to make several calls to get to a person who would be able to physically checkup on the server providing the domain/hosting in question.
    OC Hosting, Inc.
    http://www.OChosting.com
    http://www.BuyCpanel.com
    http://www.BuyBarracuda.com

Originally posted by BryanOCH
    But considering they are a reseller of a reseller,
    GoDaddy? They are an accredited registar.

If you have $$$ domains at godaddy move them quickly ...

they wont lose them ,but can place them in an unreachable place that will take you weeks to gain access.

grace5,

Could you please be more specific?

I personally have my domain names at namecheap, as far as they are the best Registrar for me.
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.

For me personally as of today, I've never had a bit of trouble with Godaddy. The one time I had questions, the email support was very fast, helpful and courteous.

fewcoin

sure ,
    they updated a their database and place several of my personal domains and customers in various accts,that I did not have access to.(I was listed as TECH/ADMIN contacts but not owner of names)

It took several weeks to obtained access again, only AFTER filling a complaint with ICANN ,did they correct their mistake.

Yes I trust them.
    Rich
    Husband, Father, Retired Marine, Geek

GoDaddy has lacking customer support, and has "allowed" domains operated by people I know to be stolen. These were not small sites by any stretch of the imagination (250,000-1M unique/day). This is either bad customer service, or a corporate conspiracy. Either way, it sucks.

For $3 more per year, I use Verio.

I trust godaddy as well - but their support lacks.
    That said no - they're not going to steal your domain or anything silly-stupid.

Many people don't like GoDaddy but this doesn't imply they are Evil and all they want is to get the worse reputation.

They are or will be really soon, the largest domain registrar, they aren't THAT BAD but if you're looking to get the best out the money you invest in a domain name I would recommend going with Namecheap.

Respectfully

We have over 300 domains registered safely at GoDaddy. Just lock your domain, and all will be well.

Make sure your email information is current on your domains.
    That is the major issue today with domain theft.
    EuroVPS VPS Hosting - Virtual Private Servers | Web Hosting | Dedicated Servers
    Providing Reliable Plesk and cPanel Servers since 2004, now offering low priced Xen & VMware VPS in Amsterdam
    UK +44.203.355.6681 / Amsterdam +31.208.202.120

I have a domain which generates no revenue, and the closest thing to practicality is sharing pictures with the local canoe and kayak club. It's registered and hosted by Godaddy. So far I have no reason to distrust Godaddy. For hosting, server reliability has been excellent, and support adequate and reasonable for a simple site and an inexpensive plan. If I were doing something that involves serious money I would probably look for a host with more of a reputation for a higher level of support, for which I would expect to pay more.

Disgruntled
    thats a postive post for your username... Disgruntled

I have used GoDaddy.com for a couple of years and have so far not got any serious problems like loosing a domain or related. If it was a very important domain would I consider a registrar like Register.com which have a fast and professional support service, but a registrar like Enom is also reliable.

Originally posted by grace5
    Disgruntled
    thats a postive post for your username... Disgruntled

When I started visiting this forum and needed to select a username I was a Yahoo customer.

I hear several people mentioning namecheap in here as though they are completely unaware that namecheap is a reseller !!

It's possible they may have applied for their own registar status (can be easily checked at ICANN site) but as for the last time I looked, yup, they were still one of e-noms best resellers!!

G'luck guys !

Originally posted by FanCube
    ... which have a fast and professional support service, but a registrar like Enom is also reliable.
    Did Enom finally open their doors 24/7? Or are they only open for support duriing banking hours still?
    Many of our users keep telling us that they are still closed on nights, weekends and holidays. Is this not true?