Link from www folder to public_html

I seem to have screwed up my www folder in that there is none now. How do I create one that links to my public_html folder so I can use it again. Not that I need it but... I liked it.

Also I seem to have screwed up a second site that I have in that I cannot connect to it and it seems to not be there at all. Can't access at all through cPanel or ftp.

HELP

You will have to contact the host in this case as he might be having the back-up copy of the files of the public_html directory or www directory.

Re: Link from www folder to public_html

Originally posted by ziofel
    I seem to have screwed up my www folder in that there is none now. How do I create one that links to my public_html folder so I can use it again. Not that I need it but... I liked it.

Also I seem to have screwed up a second site that I have in that I cannot connect to it and it seems to not be there at all. Can't access at all through cPanel or ftp.

HELP
    All you have to do is create a symbolic link of your public_html folder to www If you have shell access, then I would suggest you type in this...

ln -s /home/yourusename/public_html ./www

That should create a symbolic link of www which links to public_html.

Screwing up a site and not being able to login to it would require help from your webhost. Try contacting them and asking help from them about it. They should be able to help you easier than we could over here.

Hope it helps. Have a good day!
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com

I have shell access (I believe, fairly new to cpanel) What are the steps involved?
    I have a reseller account for my own websites.

This might help:

http://www.assortedinternet.com/cgi-...-www-links.jsp

It is a script I wrote to fix www symbolic links server wide. It works for any CPanel server, and probably any other control-panel managed server that puts user accounts in /home.

Enjoy. :-)

Brian
    :: 1StopWebHosting.com :: - Professional Web Hosting Services
    ::
    :: Featuring the CPanel Control Panel running on CENTOS Linux servers
    :: We offer Shared Web Hosting, Business Hosting, Java / J2EE Servers and Dedicated Server solutions.