Hi, a few weeks ago in SSH, I changed the server date and time incorrectly to May 2023 then quickly changed it back to the correct date/time less than a minute later. Today, I noticed that some Cpanel Web Stastics for ALL of my domains (including subdomains) were affected. Instead of showing May 2005 at the top, it shows May 2023 How can I go about fixing this? It stopped making stats. Also, where is the webalizer installation and configuration files located? Thanks.
You need to delete the webalizer.current-file, and make sure your logs are rotated before webalizer is run again (should be by now).
I dont know where the file is on a cpanel system, since i dont use it. The source for the error is that webalizer will ignore log entries that are older than ones it has already seen, in this case the 2023 one.
Sad part is this will reset all your stats, so if you have a backup from before the messup then restore that. If you dont, then youre gonna have some nice clean stats starting today .
webalizer.current and webalizer.hist files are in the user's home directory.. in the tmp/webalizer folder. The webalizer.hist has the summary of the stats for the last 12months or so.. webalizer.current might have something to check out..
But to check for all the accounts on the server is difficult!!
webalizer.history neednt be deleted as a whole.. the first two columns in this file corresponds to the month and year respectively.. So, I guess u just need to delete the lines corresponding to year 2023