Transparent Images Grey?

I have been using Macromedia's Fireworks MX for about three weeks now. I usually use Adobe software but it has gotten to expensive for my blood. In fireworks i have been using transparent images to build websites. As of late when i view the page in IE 6.0 the images appear not to be transparent but grey. They don't match the website at all. Anyone else have this problem or a solution to this problem?

Pflugerville, TX
    You can set the transparency of individual colors in Fireworks on export by selecting the color and pressing the button below the palette that signifies transparency. But it may just be a case of specifying that you want to use index or alpha transparency, and the export window probably has "No Transparency" set as the default.

Look for a little dropdown menu underneath the GIF color palette where you can adjust this setting.

FWIW, I don't think you've made a bad move at all for Web graphics. Fireworks is much more intuitive and flexible than Photoshop, and better put-together than ImageReady. Plus, its compression engines are superior, and its colors are more accurate. Keep working with it - over time, I think you'll come to really love the program!
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design