Sony Blue-Ray MD??

I have heard that Sony is going to launch a new type op Mini Disk. The product name is not announced, but it is going to be based on Blue-Ray technology with capacities ranging:

6,5GB
    10GB
    20GB

I am not a huge fan of MD, but I would love to replace the old DVD/Blue-Ray DVD with MD that can handle 10GB to 20GB. Nice and small.

Does anyone have more info on this?

Re: Sony Blue-Ray MD??

Originally posted by Johnburk
    I would love to replace the old DVD/Blue-Ray DVD with MD that can handle 10GB to 20GB.
    Blue Ray is not "old" at all, in fact, it hasn't even been released in the US yet. And Blue Ray disks can hold far more than 20 GBs.
    Haven't been on WHT for 6 years!

Ah, the wonders of proprietary formats. They always rock when first released to the market.

I really wouldn't mind sticking 20GB of music on a Blue-Ray MD. Bye bye iPod. That MD better be re-writeable...

Re: Re: Sony Blue-Ray MD??

Originally posted by jasong
    Blue Ray is not "old" at all, in fact, it hasn't even been released in the US yet. And Blue Ray disks can hold far more than 20 GBs.
    Please read before replying

Seems like fun, perhaps sony is going to use these discs in their PSP UMD's as well, now that would be cool...

Actually, correction here.

It's Blu-Ray. Notice the missing 'e'. This is because of copyright and patent issues, as you cannot patent a color.
    ·· Repeat after me... ProSupport is the best... Prosupport is... ··
    ProSupport Host Support System - OUT NOW! Grab a copy yourself and see what the hype is about!
    VertiHost Inc. - We run a quality business. Do you?