Reseller accounts on dedicated server

Hello, I just bough a dedicated server from allmanaged.com,
    Because my tech knowledge are very basic...

I get my server running, I can create reseller accounts.. I even did a test with new hosting for web sites... and its working fine

I setup modernbill and is working like a charm with me server...!!

My questions are , when I create a new reseller account do I have to give the an IP in order for them to get their own dns say ns13.theircompany.com ns14.theircompany.com or just give them my two IP address and they just have to add a child name on the domain name redirecting to my IP server?

I test it myself but this is what happened.... I create 2 child names under other domain redirecting to my server ips... when I ping them they are actually redirecting to my ips wich is good !!...

I changed the DNS on other domain with the Child names I just created but my site does work... its been 2 days already... can be domain name propagation problem... or do I have to change something on my server, telling that 2 new child name are going to point the server? Just coonfused!!!!

One more thing, I will sell reseller accounts... how do I control them and their customers account to do not upload Mp3, warez, streaming videeo... in others words,,, keep my server runnig smoothly? is there any software or WHM will server for it?

Im using a simple reseller account with another company and once in a while I get accounts suspended for different reason , say overloading, too many downloads from a large file, ilegal mp3 ..etc... How can I achieve the same control, now that Im going to have resellers?

Security,

you may realize my novice status on dedicated server,,, so Security is a big issue for me since I dont know how to handle this... I know that allmanaged take care of this... but is this enough, can somebody recommend me a company that can take care of it?

One more thing, When I got my didicated server, I just follow the steps on WHM... and thats it!! ..... Im looking is for somedody to take a look at my server and tell me if my server is properly setup, what else need to be done to sell reseller accounts, and some advices... please any offer are welcome....

Thanks for taking time to read all of this... I really appreciate your help...

Prissio Dormi

Yes just give your two IP it will be ok.

upload Mp3, warez, streaming videeo... in others words,,, keep my server runnig smoothly?

You need to have your own admin to monitor the stuff.
    :: Unlimited Reseller Hosting :: Host UNLIMITED DOMAINS resell web hosting services at your own price and brand. Complete transparency in every aspect...
    Special Windows Reseller plans Now Available
    :: R-e-s-e-l-l-e-r-H-o-s-t-i-n-g-S-i-t-e-.c-o-m ::

WWW.RESELLERHOSTINGSITE.COM

Re: Reseller accounts on dedicated server

Originally posted by prissio
    Hello, I just bough a dedicated server from allmanaged.com,
    Because my tech knowledge are very basic...

One more thing, I will sell reseller accounts...

you may realize my novice status on dedicated server
    I hate to say this, but why would you want to start selling reseller accounts if you're so new to a dedicated server? Are you sure that your customers will be able to rely on you to support them? Don't forget that they will be trusting you with their business or at least with their personal websites, which might be just as important for them... Don't flame me for saying this but are you sure that this is a responsible thing to do? Allmanaged.com sounds like an excellent company and they do promise fully managed solutions but this surely doesn't include support for your resellers.

Just my thoughts...

I think there is a member thelinuxguy or something, in WHT, who does this kind of work. Server harderning and stuff. And as I recall, another member from acunett.com also does that. However, you will have to rely on members here to tell you if they are good or not. =)

Joshua

yeah as HasGreatDane said you need to be familiar with the stuff , if not hire a admin.
    :: Unlimited Reseller Hosting :: Host UNLIMITED DOMAINS resell web hosting services at your own price and brand. Complete transparency in every aspect...
    Special Windows Reseller plans Now Available
    :: R-e-s-e-l-l-e-r-H-o-s-t-i-n-g-S-i-t-e-.c-o-m ::

WWW.RESELLERHOSTINGSITE.COM

Thanks for your help!!

I think you guys are right... I wont be selling reseller account like crazy...just enought to justify the price Im paying for the dedicated server...

My market is south america, mainly in Ecuador.... I wont have more than 10 reseller accounts.... all I need is to give them custom nameserver and of course all the security for their web sites...

I have some experience with reseller accounts, I have one for 5 months already... so questions from regular customers.. I can pretty much handle... but I have customers who wants WHM access... so thats why I took it to the next level.... hey guys if you dont take the chance you will never cross the river!!

Thanks for your reply...

Pls if you know any links or sources where I can start reading about dedicated server and how to create reseller account and stay healthy..pls let me know!!

Thanks

If you never take a risk, you will never cross the river.

The trick is take a calculate risk and not risk blindly.

If this is a hobby then fine, if you want to do this as a business, this risk that you are taking may break your business.

Everything comes with a cost.

If you are serious in this business, I would strongly suggest you take a fully managed server, one which when you break it or needs help like you have just asked, they are there for you......not going to be cheap for sure. I hope allmanaged is that host for you.