Dedicated US server for UK customers

After alot of searching, its apparent that you cant get UK or European based dedicated servers for the price that you can get US ones

So Ive decided to try a US dedicated server. But I really need one which will be fast for UK based customers.

Can anyone recommend any companys?

Perhaps any other UK based hosts who use US based servers could make some recommendations.

Thanks
    Guildserve - Free web hosting for guilds

I think you'll find that the ping times to New-York servers will be about 100ms. Texas = 160ms. You don't want ones in California

If you need fast pings for gameservers, obviously, you'll want UK based, but for web serving, the latency doesn't make that much of a difference.

I use Ezzi, they've been good, though I am tempted to move to a Dutch server after reading some of the offers on WHT's dedicated advert forum.

Re: Dedicated US server for UK customers

Originally posted by Eean
    [B]After alot of searching, its apparent that you cant get UK or European based dedicated servers for the price that you can get US ones
    You may not get UK servers at the price of *budget* level US servers, but you can get good UK servers at competitive prices. Decide your budget and talk to a few people. I'd strongly recommend a UK server if you are UK based (no axe to grind as we use and supply UK and US servers).
    Chris at TDMWeb.com
    Windows & Linux hosting and fully managed dedicated servers with great customer service!
    UK-based but serving the world...

Thanks for the replys.

I do agree with you TDMWeb, but for a startup UK based servers are extremely more expensive than US ones.

In all honesty - ive been using a few servers in the US and have served sites for people here in the UK, there is not much difference in the speed of websites on public view - the only noticable difference would be as in gaming like mentioned above.

A bit of mixture of US and EU companys here. Currently Im considering:

Ezzi - Getting excellent traceroute results.

LeaseWeb

AcuNett

Layered Technologies

And lastly, as Im very unsure of these guys;

EasySpeedy

I use ..

Interserver.net for UK customers.
    It's Scott!