How much is 1000GB?

I know the size but is it like 1mbit connection constantly at it's max? How many webpages can be served on that usually?

1000GB per month is more than 1mbps if you are using a connection constantly. You can serve from 1 to tens of thousands of web pages on that type of connection.

Josh is correct. If you are using the connection persistently it would be about 3.2Mbits. That is very un-ethical though, you will probably have a few spikes here and there and a few times when you are not even pushing 1Mbit.

Cheers
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

So why do they offer so much? I'm looking at places that offer a 10mbit connection so there is no way I could even use the 1000GB a month, correct?

Originally posted by detz
    So why do they offer so much? I'm looking at places that offer a 10mbit connection so there is no way I could even use the 1000GB a month, correct?
    I know people who do use 1000GB and more. But, for the average user you do not need much. The un-educated user tends to like deals that offer a lot of bandwidth or transfer, rather.

Cheers
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Some web host may provide 100mbits with a 1000gb limit. The reason for this is that for standard sites, traffic is not constant throughout the day but rather seasonal or cyclical and busy during certain time of the day and slower on others, all of which depends on the target audience. As such, it is possible for the server to peak for brief moments or for several hours a day so on the average, it even out and stay within the 1000gb usage.

For me, I do regular backups from my server to a remote site and the 10mbps helps speed up the transfers while on the usual hours, traffic is under 1mbps.

Yes, it is possible without an issue to use 1000gb a month on a 10mbps pipe but probably not on a 1mbps pipe.

You've raised a good point there eddy, I have in the past experienced issues with mass packet loss when a link was maxed (10mbit) while remote backup was taking place, one reason I will only take 100mbit ports now.