Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks, ukcobra. After posting I whois'd hostplus.co.uk and see that their DNS is now andhosting. I went to andhosting.com typed "hostplus" in their Search box - the result was that their mysql didn't seem to like that and produced an error page - oops!

This all seems to be a right mess, I'm just glad I got my TAGs changed and relocated my sites before this final disaster.

Good luck - I've moved to unitedhosting.co.uk - more expensive, but an entirely different experience - only been there a few months - support during site transfer was excellent.

I am using nethosted, a very simple, transfer, which included a vbulletin forum. Up and runinng in about an hour, with the database restored and functional within 8 hours.

Just wondered if anyone knows the Username and Password for www.chris-grant.com (md of Deenine Hostplus etc) the domain is at his "new" business www.blueleafinternet.com?

I believe he has a blog there that could make interesting reading!

No login to Blue-Leaf, but my sites are still down :

www.ukcobra.co.uk
    www.ukmustangs.co.uk
    www.mocgb.co.uk (No data - currently re-directing)

48+ Hours and counting.

About Blueleaf...

It is interesting to read the "All About Blueleaf Internet" and "Customer Charter" blurb on the About Blueleaf page at

http://www.blueleafinternet.com/index.php?page=about

In particular:

the last paragraph of the All About..."
    "We have a firm belief in maintaining an honest and open relationship with each and every customer to that end we treat every customer with the courtesy and respect that they deserve from the first time the telephone rings. "

and, point 5 of the Cusomer Charter:
    "All customers have direct contact details for a senior member of staff should they feel the need to contact them – our management enjoy frequent contact with our valued customers, in an effort to improve customer service."

Hmmm... Are there any Blueleaf customers out there who can report on their experiences with this company?

This is going off-thread. This is a link about Hostplus / Deenine and contact / support issues.

Well Zaphodz, I did a Reverse IP lookup (at www.whois.sc) of IP address 80.45.8.99 (which is where NS1 for blueleaf is located) and find that there are just three sites hosted on that server/IP address:-

www.blueleafinternet.net
    www.blueleafinternet.com
    www.chris-grant.com

If blueleaf actually have customers with sites they must be somewhere else perhaps?

Blueleaf are a Broadband reseller for BT as far as I can tell, nor can I see any hosting type services. Can you guys move this to a Blueleaf thread. This is not Hostplus or Deenine related.

Ukcobra... you seem to be misunderstanding here. Blueleaf IS most certainly related, because it seems to be owned by the same guy who owns Deenine/Hostplus.

And as people do not seem to be getting much back from them, it is sensible to investigate other contact options.

At the very least, the owner of Deenine can presumably be contacted via the Blueleaf site... as he doesn't seem to be taking much notice of correspondence from his 'old' sites.

This situation is starting to look ominous. Sites are down and 'Support' are not responding. The phone number seems to end up somewhere rather strange.

If this has gone pear shaped... at least someone has tracked down the owner. Rather useful I think, not only to press for the currently lacking support, but potentially for awareness of what sort of business Blueleaf might turn out to be.
    My Reviews of 30+ Hosts
    Can Also Be Seen On My Page at TekSalon

The Meatrix: Welcome to the real world

I am not misundertsanding anything. This thread is about the support emails to Hostplus.

I know who the MD of Hostplus was, I have got copies of the company accounts via Companies House. As far as i can tell, Chris Grant is no longer running the business. The contact details I had earlier this year were different.

My domain name which was registered to Chris' home address has been changed. I am sure if you ring Blueleaf they will claim they are nothing to do with Hostplus / DeeNine.

I would not suggest they are linked unless someone in an offical capacity from Hostplus or Blueleaf says so.

I suggest we get back on track about the lack of email support at Hostplus and theorise about wether Blueleaf are anything to do with it. It's not relevant.

You're jumping in again Ukcobra. The whole point about Chris Grant is that he seems to be the only route to information about what is going on here.

Yes, sure, he may well say he is no longer involved... but even if he does... he must have a better idea than you or I about who IS involved!

If emails through 'official' channels are being ignored (and ours certainly are)... do you have any better ideas? No: I didn't think so!

If Mr Grant is not involved, he can still potentially help. If he is involved, he can certainly help. We will certainly be trying that route.
    My Reviews of 30+ Hosts

Jenni,

Thankyou for confirming you are an ''impacted' hostplus customer.

I do have some ideas, and I am pursuing them. Fortunately I have Chris' home address and telephone number, however, I don't expect to have to use it. Swindon is not too far from here, and I can easily be there in 45 minutes. My data is safe, as I have good backups.

The only thing I need is the domains to be transferred to a hosting company that is in business or for Hostplus to solve their problems and provide the control panel access and hosting I have paid for.

From my research they have started acting as a reseller to 'andhosting', some of my friends accounts are still live at Hostplus, some are live on andhosting, and only one of mine has been set up at the new server, although no data transferred. The other 2 have had their DNS records changed, but no emails have been received or accounts set up at 'andhosting'.

We should share information and tackle this as a group. How do you want to proceed ?

Regards

Mark

Mark,

Agreed.

We were totally unaware of any issues here until yesterday, when our sites went down (403). The seriousness of the situation only became obvious when we could not make contact: the phone number now does to somewhere else, and emails are just ignored.

Some one here has just sent an email to Blueleaf, so we will see if that leads anywhere. At the very least, they should come back and provide credible contact information for whoever owns Hostplus. If they ignore it, we will continue to press them.

One thing that might be worth trying is contacting .Net and similar publications. Maybe they have some contact data for whoever placed their last ad.

Fortunately for us we didn't trust our domain names with these guys. We have already been able to move our sites away. However... we paid them 2 years in advance!

I still reckon though that Chris Grant is the best bet for info. As I mentioned above, even if he can't help... he should know who can.

Jenni
    My Reviews of 30+ Hosts

I've never seen any adverts for Hostplus or Blueleaf, (and I have been looking out for them)

If you want to take this conversation offline or to a private Forum let me know. I run a vbulletin forum at a non Hostplus site

Hostplus used to advertise regularly.

By the way, deenine.com is owned by:

andHosting.com
    Jeff Andrews (jeff@andhosting.com)
    +1.8772634678
    Fax: +1.2625695795
    37172 E Wisconsin Avenue
    Oconomowoc, WI 53066
    US

And of course andhosting.com is a host. Yes - we have already emailed them from here. It might be an idea for you to do the same, so that they understand that this is a general issue.

Regarding the forum, it's probably best to keep it here.... others will certainly come looking and this can be a source of help.
    My Reviews of 30+ Hosts

Well I also thought blueleaf was "on topic" for the reasons JenniH stated. I started this thread with a title that came into my head when I found that emails to HostPlus were being bounced - it has since become apparent that there is more going on, I think to start a new thread at every twist and turn would only confuse.

My only interest now is that I run a site for a friend that is affected by this debacle, luckily it is now registered elsewhere, so we can change DNS and move it to another host.

For what it's worth, I agree with JenniH, in that Chris Grant of Blueleaf must know what's going on - oh and here's an extract from whois www.chris-grant.com

Registrant:
    Chris Grant
    116 Commercial Road
    Swindon
    Swindon
    Wiltshire
    SN1 1BD
    UK

Domain Name: chris-grant.com

Administrative Contact:
    HostPlus Shared Hosting Services t/as HostPlus (HP00002-TR)
    HostPlus Hosting Services
    Suite 73
    116 Commercial Road
    Swindon
    Wiltshire
    SN1 3BD
    UK
    phone: +44.08704460290
    fax: +44.08704460291
    domains@deenine.com

And just to tie everything together, look at this extract from whois www.bluleafinternet.com

domain: blueleafinternet.com
    organization: Blueleaf Internet Ltd
    email: hostmaster@blueleafinternet.com
    address: 147-150 Victoria Road
    city: Swindon
    state: Swindon
    postal-code: SN1 3UY

Guess what? 147-150 Victoria Road is the address of Beaver House where Hostplus used to be located before they moved to a "mailbox" at 116 Commercial Road!!

I rest my case - I reckon Chris Grant has all the answers.

Hostplus used to advertise in a magazine called Practical Internet, which has now become Web Designer.

Thanks Springknees...

The concept of a host just dumping customers anywhere, for a fee, is not one I have ever been comfortable with. And speaking frankly, this is looking more and more likely to be the case.

Andhosting.com, who it would appear, now own deenine/hostplus, don't exactly look to be too interested in the customers they have inheritied. Their silence is deafening. How about responding to emails guys? That's what decent hosts do you know.... is it a lot to ask?

And Chris Grant: it also costs you nothing to respond to an email explaining what's going on, what you know (if anything), etc. Many people would consider this to be common decency and manners. Why ignore us?

It's all very disappointing, but as ever... it's times like these when you learn about the quality (or otherwise) of different hosting companies.
    My Reviews of 30+ Hosts

I'm not so sure they have. I suspect they are running the Hostplus service as a reseller of andhosting.

Their last accounts posted with Companies House, indicated very little assets and very little profit. I recall the last set of accoounts were in 2002/2003.

Either way, i fully agree with you, the lack of response to emails, the fact that the sites have been down now for 4 days is not confidence inspiring.

I am in discussion with Nominet about domain transfers right now. More feedback when I have it.

Hello all,

If you want to get Nominet to change the tags for your domains you can do it at

http://www.nominet.org.uk/changeagent.html

It costs £15 (+VAT) to change one domain tag and £30 (+VAT) for multiple names, as long as they all belong to the same registrant. I suspect you guys may already know this, but it may be of help to others with the same problem viewing this thread.

I have also sent an e-mail to Andhosting asking for information on their intentions with existing hosting contracts with HostPlus/Deenine customers, as I still have a few domains now showing as pointing at their nameservers. No reply as yet...

Do any of you know who actually controls the "DEENINE" tag at the moment?

I agree with the view that ultimately Chris Grant could answer a lot of questions, if only to tell us on what terms Andhosting acquired HostPlus/Deenine.

Question

Hi,

I stumbled upon this site whilst searching for info on HostPlus and have found it most usefull, especially this thread.

I too am a suffering HostPlus customer after taking out their basic hosting package for my Company back in Sept. '04. I have the domain registered to me personally but as yet have not created the website. My domain e-mail has been inoperative since the weekend which is causing major headaches with my customers. Should I be looking to re-register my domain elsewhere? If so, how does one go about this? I am not very clued up on the topic.
    Having used the WHOIS search, it appears that my domain is held on the andhosting.com server.
    I don't mind loosing the £47 already paid to HostPlus for 2 years hosting.

Thanks for any info.

I'd wait another couple of days and probably try to get hostplus to explain what's happening. Configuring the domain to point to another host depends on whether you have control over your nameserver records. You don't usually need to transfer the domain. Find a new host and simply update your dns records if you can.

For those of you who can see the domain on andhosting with a welcome page, you can use your Deenine login to access it.

If you get a wierd directory structure or no web page at all, it looks like you will have to wait a little longer.

If there is interest, I'll post the reseller login page for people to log into their domains. This only works if your web page is functioning.

incidentally, one of my friends still has his website up and running on a host plus server.

Personally, I am going down the transfer route and leaving Hostplus as quickly as possible. 4 + days downtime is NOT acceptable.

Breaking news from andhosting

Dear Hostplus Customers,

This message is meant to be a brief explanation of the recent events which have taken place during the acquisition of Hostplus by andHosting. Here at andHosting, we are very busy trying to get as many sites back online as quickly as possible, so this will be as short and to the point as possible.

Firstly, we would like to thank all of the customers we’ve dealt with recently for their patience. The reason many of the sites have gone offline temporarily is that two of Hostplus’s servers (server10/11 and server20) are no longer operable. We have been told this is due to hardware failures. Since Hostplus does not own the location where these servers are housed or the servers themselves, they have a limited ability to troubleshoot any hardware-related issues. We are currently working through Hostplus to try and get the hard drives sent to our headquarters in an attempt to salvage whatever data is not corrupted beyond retrieval. In the meantime, we have archives of many of the sites on our servers which may or may not be up to date.

As a result of the Hostplus servers unexpectedly going offline, we have put in a request for a DNS (Domain Name Service) switch on all of the sites, so that the domain names will be run off of our servers instead of the Hostplus servers, two of which technically no longer exist. There is a third Hostplus server, server3, which is still online. There may be some customers whose websites are located on this server, but which currently don’t work. This is because there is sometimes a brief period during the switching of the DNS where the domain name is not yet associated with any IP address, even the previous one. Once the DNS information is updated with the registrars, this will no longer be an issue.

We will soon be sending correspondence to all of our customers to inform them of how to log into the new control panel system since the failure of the Hostplus servers has rendered their control panels inoperable.

Some customers have had problems with the new email servers as we move their accounts to our equipment. The new configuration will require the entire email address to be entered in the username field and if the password was originally less than five characters, the number 1 has been added to the end as many times as was necessary to create a five character pattern.

We hope this has been informative and look forward to offering you improved service as your sites are transferred to our servers.

Faithfully Yours,

andHosting

This came in just after I finished my conversation with Nominet.

Nominet are aware of the OFCOM complaint against Hostplus / DeeNine
    Nominet are aware of other users being badly treated by Histplus / Deenine
    Nominet were willing to help me file a complaint if i wished, which I declined. All I want is my domain off Deenine's tag. What Hostplus did to this tag was not allowed under the rules of Domain Registration.

From what I can see in my andhosting account i do have access to, changing DNS servers is not possible, hence why I moved my critical domain to somewhere I can control it.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast