Credit Card fraud

Have you ever experienced any credit card fraud? (Altered/counterfeit fraud, lost/stolen card fraud, mail order/phone fraud, employee fraud).
    If yes, who discovered the fraud? The cashier or the customers?

Way back when I was working at a convenience store, I discovered a few bad credit cards being the cashier. People were not too happy at all when you tell them you are keeping their credit card

I think on mostly cases the customer himself discovered the fraud rather than the cashier.

Yes, we see fraud on nearly a daily basis. It is increasingly rampant both online and offline.
    CDGcommerce.com - Trusted Merchant Account Solutions since 1998
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!

we should make a seperate forum for those victims and we should discuss in length of individual case headed by an expert from vigilance to stop such fraud so that other person can be more alert and find some way to avoid such activities.

Thanks for your reply. I am a gradurate student of Northwestern University. We are currently conducting a project for a credit card company. We would love to know more about your insight and experience.
    I have some difficulty in getting touch with you in person. If you are willingly to spend some time talking with us, please email me:[email protected]
    Thank you so much

Credit card fraud is and will be a constant problem within the payment industry. The real question is...who should be liable for this fraud?

The buyer, seller, or the bank who issues and authorizes it?

Good suggestions 'to prevent fraud' are provided by Visa and MC credit card fraud regulations- it`s basic rules that help you to prevent fraudulent activity. If you are interested in details search in google keyword 'antifraud' will shurely give you the needed result.

Merchant 911 is an excellent resource based solely around fraud.

Originally posted by IMCers
    Thanks for your reply. I am a gradurate student of Northwestern University. We are currently conducting a project for a credit card company. We would love to know more about your insight and experience.
    I have some difficulty in getting touch with you in person. If you are willingly to spend some time talking with us, please email me:[email protected]
    Thank you so much
    Nice to hear that you are doing project on the above topic and keen to make some preventive measurement to stop the credit card fraud.

I am going to send email to you with an insight what step should be taken in co-ordination with bank people to stop such activities.

hi,etechsupport2
    I have tno received your emails yet.
    I would be greatly appreciated if you could privde us your insights.If you have no time to write it up, would you please let me know how I can contact with you?
    My email is :[email protected]

I had already sent the letter on very same day to your email address as mentioned earlier.

However right now I have sent further mail to your both email address, please confirm.

I could not tell if you were wanting an e-commerce experience or a brick and mortar account since you mentioned cashier.

We use Cardservice which helps us to cut back on chargebacks. When we do get one and it is a fraudulent transaction we can issue the money back and they do not charge any type of retrieval request and there is no chargeback. That has saved us a few times in the past.