Add to BLACK LIST...

hey everyone...

i'm new here - just created an account so i could post my unbelEEVably abominable experiences with FORCEHOST.NET.

S T A Y . . . A W A Y . . . fear them like the plague. they've been ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE over the last 6 months. they're BOUND to go out of business with their level customer unsatisfaction, anyway....

details, if you want to read, are below:

Been with them a while - it all started great, with relatively good support, a trouble ticket system, etc... generally good uptime...

then everything went to hell, FAST. so many emails, no replies, support "team" has gotta be one guy - and a total hack. they totally erased one of my domains - oops, sorry, no backup. "why did it happen?? HOW?" .. they did a server migration, neglected to tell any of their clients, fouled it up, byebye site! that was SUPER.

that's one of countless episodes starring "Total Incompetence" and co-starring "Sh%t-for-Brains".

as i type this, they've been down for over 48 hours. phone support - nothing.

man i could go on and on... but i won't. i'm not looking for pity - just spreading word of a hosting company that should be avoided at ALL COSTS. now i gotta move to another host, JOY.

love that.

piece out. 1, 2, 3, go internet!

What domain are you hosting with them? How long have you been with them?

Another 1 post wonder....
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

You should have backups of your site.

We do regular backups, but we impress upon our clients that they shouldn't rely on this.

Nonetheless, sorry to hear of your experience.

Unless you can add your domain name and other bits of credible information, your post isn't going to cut it, sorry.

It is really very terifying experience for you. But yes it is always recommended to any of the site administrator to have a complete back-up of his website. The another part of mistake will be of the host who did not bother to inform to the clients about the migration. But all in all you need to take care about all of these kinds of things in future.

I would've left long before 6 months if it was that terrible
    Imeanwebhosting.com - Shared cpanel hosting, 99.9% uptime.
    10 min average ticket responses, softaculous, rvsitebuilder, and more!
    Reliable, affordable shared hosting. I Mean Web Hosting!

dr_nothing, please share the site that you have/had with them. Thank you.

one-post wonder?

"One-post wonder" is back.

so you're wondering about the credibility of my statements? go ahead and start an account with forcehost.net, check it out. have fun with it!

is this not the place to notify others about awesome and/or poor webhosts? that's all i'm doing, fellas. take my advice, or not. that's it.

i won't reveal the site(s) that i host with them, because their negligence is characteristic of people who might just intentionally dick people over. when the ties are cut - a different story. you understand.

i would've left months ago, too, but... it takes a lot of time to move the number domains i manage. i've started the process now tho - they know it too. i'm finally found a good deal on a co-lo i can afford - so this time, i'm handling it all myself. if you're interested to know about some people who do business WELL, then email me. i'm happy to spread GOOD word of people and services that deserve it.

the point is that forcehost.net's customer relations are the WORST in its class. "guaranteed 98% uptime" FALSE. "24/7 2 hour guaranteed response time tech support" FALSE, not even close. Cpanel and WHM? yeah, when they're working. "Help desk" FALSE. "Emergency paging system" - left a message multiple times, never received a call back once. SLL? broken, and no plans to fix it. SSH support? not that i know of.

and they dont even prorate their fees when they break their guarantees.

whatever.

I do not see why he has to post this URL to share his experience. Sounds like he had a bad time.. if FORCEHOST.NET doesn't respond its his side of the story.. take it with a grain of salt...
    www.JGRoboMarketing.com / We Filter out the Bad Leads and Send you the Good ones!
    █ Office: (800) 959-0182 / Automated Lead Funnel Service

Participants may not use discussions to recommend, praise, or belittle other products or services, or any company; without first hand experience of those products or services. This includes companies recommending other companies. Any post not meeting a moderator's criteria will be removed without notice.
    dr_nothing how can we validate your review if you're so secretive?

Well thanks for the info.

Participants may not use discussions to recommend, praise, or belittle other products or services, or any company; without first hand experience of those products or services. This includes companies recommending other companies. Any post not meeting a moderator's criteria will be removed without notice.
    I still don't see the point of him posting his personal URL. He gave his experience and it wasn't pleasant. Do you think most people give their URLs with a "good" experience...?

why is there a double standard here?
    www.JGRoboMarketing.com / We Filter out the Bad Leads and Send you the Good ones!
    █ Office: (800) 959-0182 / Automated Lead Funnel Service

I haven't seen a double standard. The rules state people have to prove first hand experience when commenting on the quality of a host, good or bad. The mods have enforced that rule on both sides of the fence. In this case we have somebody willing to tell us how horrible the company is but unwilling to provide proof he was/is a customer, which is no different that somebody shilling for a host without telling us their site.

<Edit: Removed second paragraph, didn't address RealtorHost's comment >
    Last edited by Mike V; 05-10-2005 at 06:31 PM.
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

i understand now...

hey everyone -

now i understand that you want credibility that i am/was a customer of forcehost.net.

fair nuff, i appreciate that you want to make sure i'm making valid commentary on their business. i'm on my way out from under the forcehost raincloud as i type this. when i'm fully out, i'll spill the beans.

hmm, how else can i verify that my statements are legit?

here's an email from them a while back - dated Feb. 17 - the last email they ever sent to their clients as a group. See, they told us that they went through a "change of ownership"... and, i guess, lost a lot of their clients billing info? WHOOPS. a pretty important thing to maintain. . . . i should've read that as a sign. a sign that said, "DEAD END, TURN AROUND AND RUN AWAY, FAST."

anyway, maybe this isn't proof enough - if not, i'm sorry, i don't mean to fill this thread with annoying "empty" complaints.

. . . . . . . . . . . .

Forcehost/H4Web Billing <sales -at- forcehost -dot- net> to xxxxx
    More options Feb 17

We our very sorry, but our form had an error. We have fixed it so now you can update your information with us. Please, if you haven't already, fill out this form. A copy of out last email, below, will give you additional information.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Valued Customers:

In order to better serve you we are asking you to please to update your current billing information.

ForceHost Customers:
    forcehost -dot- net/userInfo/userInfo.php

H4Web Customers:
    forcehost -dot- net/userInfo/h4webInfo.php

***Your website will be deactivated 14 days after the end current of service agreement.

Please check us out at www -dot- forcehost -dot- net and contact us with any comments or concerns! If you have already updated your billing information, we thank you very much and you may disreguard this email.

Thank you,
    Forcehost -dot- Net

Russ Bruno
    813-293-6991
    sales -at- forcehost -dot- net

Jeff Blum
    215-588-7162
    Jeff -at- forcehost -dot- net

i don't mean to fill this thread with annoying "empty" complaints.
    No one's saying your complaints are empty, and we definitely appreciate you coming here to warn others.

If privacy is an important issue for you, please send me a site you have with them by email (you can't send PMs until you have 5 posts). My address is lemnaru [at] hotmail.com. Obviously you need to substitute that [at] with @ and remove the spaces.

I apologise for not mentioning this option earlier.