Just-born slips through train toilet, survives

A child, delivered by a woman in the washroom of a running train, slipped down the toilet hole and was later found alive on the tracks between Khatoli and Mansuri railway stations, 15 km from Muzaffarnagar in Uttar Pradesh, police said on Monday.

The police said Shabnam was travelling from Meerut to Saharanpur with her brother on Sunday. She developed labour pain and went to the toilet where she delivered.

The child, however, fell down onto the tracks. A search was launched when the train stopped at Mansurpur station, they said.

The child was found on the tracks and was handed over to its mother, who continued her journey to Saharanpur with her 'miracle' child, they added.

http://in.rediff.com/news/2005/may/02child.htm
    Hmmm can you tell me how this women wanted to take a dump and ended up giving birth ? Sounds to me like she wanted to kill the baby but they found him alive.
    Jean-Pierre Abboud / I'm the TekGURU
    www.Gotekky.com / Managed and Self-Managed hosting solutions
    Toll free: 1.888.915.4400 / Local: 1.514.316.1885 / Live chat
    Cloud VPS Hosting

And since when does your bodily waste just "dump" right through the bottom of the train and go on the ground?

Babies heads are so soft, I can't imagine one falling through a vehicle going 40 mph and hitting a solid surface, and living.

I think it's fake.
    Haven't been on WHT for 6 years!

And since when does your bodily waste just "dump" right through the bottom of the train and go on the ground?
    Well trains in the UK used to drop waste directly on the track, all the slam door trains have a message saying "Do not flush at a station as waste falls directly on to the track". Of course the more modern ones collect waste.

I'm not 100% sure where this is but I think it's India, and having seen the type of trains they use I can believe that waste would go directly on to the track.
    Steve

First, when I read this thread title about a baby surviving, I thought it has to be anywhere in the west where the waste goes to a container.

But in India, the waste goes straight to the tracks. Basically, it is just a hole on the floor, with no cover.

And I have doubts about this story. The reporter going to some illiterate village and questioning the source.

Angry

This is so not funny. If I felt the baby coming out of me, I would have back away from the toilet. And drop my body waste on the ground (rather than through a hole in the toilet) to safety deliver my baby.

Wait, this is fake right?
    When a baby is born, the umbilical cord connects it to the mother right?

So that must be cut .. so basically she cut and he fell out?
    sounds fishy.

It's probably fake--if the baby fell out that fast, the cord could have snapped?

I'm really not sure how this all equals the fact that the Mother wanted to kill the child as originally stated, but thank goodness the child is fine!

Well, this just preps me up more as I prepare to visit our village in India after over a decade in an Indian train(through the same town as above).

I cant imagine they just gave the baby back to her.....Im sure the poor thing had damage due to being SLAMMED ON THE TRACKS AT THAT SPEED.....Im sure he was crying like crazy!!!!!!

Something isnt right about it

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

Originally posted by DanX
    It's probably fake--if the baby fell out that fast, the cord could have snapped?
    It seems plausible to me. The train would have been travelling at a considerable speed.

Yea,i think most of us agree that this story IS NOT KOSHER 100%

I believe it is a true story!

Yes i do also Jan,but it seems funny Matey,this is all im saying.....

Not to worry

You must remember that this seems to be in India. From my past experience trains in India don't travel along at 40mph, from what I have seen they often travel quite slow.

I may be totally wrong though, if I am and trains do travel at a decent speed, as has been stated before and I am sure you are aware of, a babies head is very soft, I cannot see how the baby could have simply been handed back to the mother and they then carry on with their journey.

The article also states that the baby was found on the track, depending on how long the baby had been there, surely another train would have come along.
    - Jamie Harrop

Whatever. The speed, no matter what it was, would have severed the cord. Trains run on tracks, the toilet waste would fall in between the tracks, so if another train came along it would run on the same tracks. The undercarriage of trains that I have seen certainly doesn't drag on the ground.
    The child, however, fell down onto the tracks. A search was launched when the train stopped at Mansurpur station, they said.

Valid point Jan, lets face it, from the article we can't tell whether it is real or fake. It could go either way.
    - Jamie Harrop

The story may be true, but we don't know what, if any, long-term effects that falling out of a train will have on the baby. For instance, from the noise level of a train travelling at a high speed directly over the baby's head, it could potentially have hearing problems.

Well the main thing is he allive and well and reunited with his Mum