Modernbill vs. WHM AutoPilot

I am currently evaluating which ordering system I am going to purchase.

I downloaded the a demo license from each vendor and proceeded to try to install.

No matter what I did, I could not get modernbill to install. I did all of their tricks and suggestions and setups to no avail. When I went to the install url on my site it kept on coming up with either php corruption, or php not xx bytes. I literally spent many hours trying to get this thing installed. I am no SSH master, so I opted to unzip the files at my local computer than ftp them to my server with cuteftp in binary mode. Modernbill looks like it has all of the bells and whistles I want, but if I am having this much trouble installing it, I can only imagine what a nightmare it is actually running it.

WHM AutoPilot, installed with no problems whatsoever. I unzipped locally, uploaded with cuteftp in binary mode, did what the instructions said, and wholla, its up and running. Now I can start evaluating it.

My only issue with WHM AutoPilot compared with the Modernbill is that WHM AutoPilot version 3 is supposed to be released real soon and it is supposed to have many of the bells and whistles of modernbill. I want back end Paypal api support so the system can process recurring subscrptions automatically without manually having to put the payments into Autopilot. I want to be able to have different order pages. I want more domain name functionality when users order a name, etc.

I am going to purchase a license rather than lease it.

I really wish I could evaluate Modernbill but if I cannot get it installed than what is the use? My server is compatible with both software packages and has all of the bells and whistles.

I would appreciate any thoughts
    Norm
    www.iHostKing.com/
    Internet Hosting & Design

They are both good. I use Modernbill and it took about 10 minutes to install but about 10 days to configure. MB is coming out with version 5 soon but if you are looking for an owned version, they have a special in the offers section here at WHT for 100.00 off a 500 client or more owned license.

Do you have curl configured and zend or ioncube installed already? You will also need ssl cert for it to work. Maybe your ftp upload corrupted some files? Checkout their manual in case you didn't yet at http://manual.modernbill.com

Good luck!

I am going to try again!!

Everything is correct in my server. My host says that many of the resellers are using modernbill.

The only thing I can think of is that something got corrupted somewhere. It does not make sense why auto-pilot installed perfectly and modernbill did not. Both use Zend. Modernbill does require you to modify the php file for database info manually whereas Autopilot has a set-up page that does that for you.

I will try again. But 10 days to set-up? What if the worst case senario happens and you loose your set-up and cannot recover on a backup?

Right now I am thinking the headache is not worth the extra bells and whistles but we will see!!
    Norm
    www.iHostKing.com/
    Internet Hosting & Design

I will try again. But 10 days to set-up? What if the worst case senario happens and you loose your set-up and cannot recover on a backup?
    Don't let me scare you away that easy. I said 10 days but that was taking my time and tweaking it alot and intigrating my helpdesk and affiliate program into it so it should only take on average about a day or two unless you like to play with everything in their like I did. Just backup your files & database nightly and you won't lose anything....Go for it!