What are you doing for Mom?

I'm just wondering what you guys and gals are doing for Mom tomorrow? Big thing of flowers (she loves flowers), and a really nice Hallmark card here... anyone doing something really awesome? :-)

I made her a card.

http://blogyourself.net/downloads/mom-card.jpg

And yes thats me ...perhaps slightly modified. We shall see if she notices. haha.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

That's nice. I was going to make something.. I'm not artistic or creative at all so... I just have to dish out some cash..

I guess no one else is doing anything for their mom's, or they just dont want to share it :-p

why - what day is it tommorrow?

Jord
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - Confucius

why - what day is it tommorrow?
    Is this not a UK thing? -
    Jord
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - Confucius

Mother's Day?? UK doesn't celebrate that? Oh...okay. I didn't know that..

We do, but not on the 8th of May!
    Our Mothering Sunday was back in Feb.
    Jord

Im procrastinating from making her a card by browsing around here.

Oh... cool. Learn something new every day :-)

Got a card, going to our yearly fancy brunch at a local hotel. They have a Mother's Day all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet for $35 a head. Not cheap, but my mom loves it .

..... And I've never met a buffet that made money on me. *Makes note not to eat dinner tonight*
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

I'm buying my mom a new dish washer. YAY!
    Jean-Pierre Abboud / I'm the TekGURU
    www.Gotekky.com / Managed and Self-Managed hosting solutions
    Toll free: 1.888.915.4400 / Local: 1.514.316.1885 / Live chat
    Cloud VPS Hosting

I got a card 4 my mom and stuff......

Mothers day is so beautifull and stuff.............

God Bless all

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

Just a Kiss and Hug.
    I'm Zafar Ahmed.
    I provide
    SEO Services & eMarketing consultancy
    I'll be glad to hear from you

I don't even know yet. She isn't going to be here when I wake up, as the rest of the family is going to my aunt's house for brunch, so I'll have that much time to get something ready...

I made her a card, AND bought her a Dell PDA

Can't remember the ladies name but the women who lobbied for a special day for Mother eventually lobbied to have it stopped. Seems her Mother died in early May back at the beginning of the 1900's and she decided that a special day should be set up to honour all Mothers, however it got that commercial that she ended up against the idea.

Actually my Mother died several years ago, and just for the record I think it is just one big commercail hype mostly propergated by the Floral industry.

Doc
    www.doctorhill.com.au
    Need help? just ask The Doctor
    House calls a specialty
    If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy ?

Here is why we celebrate Mother's Day

http://dictionary.reference.com/features/mothers.html
    I'm Zafar Ahmed.
    I provide

P.F. Changs

The bill will be quite high, but I'm sure it's the least fanciest restaurant that anybody is inviting their mother to out of all the WHTers

WHT is also our mother.Thus, Happy Mother's Day WHT
    I'm Zafar Ahmed.
    I provide

Originally posted by D1esel
    Here is why we celebrate Mother's Day

http://dictionary.reference.com/features/mothers.html
    No That is the reason why you shouldn't celebrate Mother's day because the women that started it wanted it to end.

The second Sunday in May is set aside in the United States to celebrate mothers. There is also a Mother's Day celebration in the United Kingdom, Denmark, Finland, Italy, Turkey, Australia, Mexico, Canada, China, Japan, and Belgium. England's "Mothering Sunday," similar to Mother's Day, is also called Mid-Lent Sunday and it is observed on the fourth Sunday in Lent, though it has largely been replaced by Mother's Day on the second Sunday in May. Anna Jarvis, born in Grafton, West Virginia in 1864, started the movement to have a Mother's Day. She wrote letters to politicians, newspaper editors, and church leaders and organized a committee called Mother's Day International Association to promote the new holiday. She wanted Mother's Day to be close to Memorial Day so people would recognize mothers for the sacrifices they made for their families in the same way that service-people had for their country. The first official Mother's Day observance was in May 1907. President Woodrow Wilson gave the day national recognition in 1914. Jarvis spent the last years of her life trying to abolish the holiday she had brought into being, because she protested its commercialization.
    Her wishes should be respected.

Doc
    Last edited by TheDoctor; 05-08-2005 at 12:14 AM.
    www.doctorhill.com.au
    House calls a specialty

Originally posted by TheDoctor
    Can't remember the ladies name but the women who lobbied for a special day for Mother eventually lobbied to have it stopped. Seems her Mother died in early May back at the beginning of the 1900's and she decided that a special day should be set up to honour all Mothers, however it got that commercial that she ended up against the idea.

Actually my Mother died several years ago, and just for the record I think it is just one big commercail hype mostly propergated by the Floral industry.

Doc
    I actually agree with you there, but I don't have such a firm stance that I would boycott it or not do anything for my (step)mom. I'm 18, my mom died about a month ago from a heart anerysm. I guess my age doesn't really mean anything, I just, think it's unfair I guess that it had to happen so soon. Anyway... I still do something for my stepmom because she means as much as my real mom did so.. yeah.

Originally posted by Aea
    P.F. Changs

The bill will be quite high, but I'm sure it's the least fanciest restaurant that anybody is inviting their mother to out of all the WHTers
    I did ring up Interflora and order a bunch of flowers to be send to my Mum one year. i also entered her details for the account but that's another story.

Doc
    www.doctorhill.com.au
    House calls a specialty

This must be one of the rare days we share with USA

Originally posted by RSayer
    I actually agree with you there, but I don't have such a firm stance that I would boycott it or not do anything for my (step)mom. I'm 18, my mom died about a month ago from a heart anerysm. I guess my age doesn't really mean anything, I just, think it's unfair I guess that it had to happen so soon. Anyway... I still do something for my stepmom because she means as much as my real mom did so.. yeah.
    It's only the commercailization I am against. It is very hard to loose people we hold dear, it also can take considerable time before we actually finally realise there gone and the permanent nature of it. We have the good times to remember, and you are extra lucky having a step Mother that you obviously have formed a bond with.

Take care
    Laurie
    Last edited by TheDoctor; 05-08-2005 at 02:48 AM.
    www.doctorhill.com.au
    House calls a specialty

We're all getting together at my house to cook out some hot dogs and hamburgers and kinda take it easy.

I wouldn't be caught dead in a restaurant tomorrow!

Mother's Day
    Father's Day
    Valentines Day

3 days of the year I absolutely will not go to a restaurant for any reason.
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck