rrdtool cacti installation

Not sure if this is the right forum, or if there even IS a right forum here for this:

Sorry if this is a really stupid question. I've tried for almost a full day to figure out what the problem is, and i exhausted everything.

I have successfully installed rrdtool using it's scripted install (which was a chore by itself to recognize everything), i then install cacti, but right as I do it immediately tells me it cannot find rrdtool. it says you can manually enter the path, but I knew at that point i was going ot have a problem.

my paths are correct, and i know snmp is working becuase I installed MRTG just so I could poll the info to verify it's working.
    When i go to generate graphs in debug the only message i get is 'snmp error'

this is an Ensim server running Fedora core 1. Dual CPU AMD 2000 with 2GB RAM and 2x 120GB drives. <--just incase, but I don't imagine that matters.

any help is greatly appreciated.

did you manually compiled rrdtool from source?
    ^_^

scripts to ./configure then ran their install script. Configure had a bear of a time finding cgilib so I had to use flags, but it did work.

Originally posted by e-places
    scripts to ./configure then ran their install script. Configure had a bear of a time finding cgilib so I had to use flags, but it did work.
    so it works now?

Remember to do make and then make install
    ^_^

No, i think you might not understand. the installation completed, but i cannot get it to match up using cacti.

Crap I wish i could explain this better.

let me get it simple Cacti is NOT recognizing path of rrdtools even though you are giving it?
    Server4Sale
    Dirt CHEAP Servers coming soon

yes. that's correct.

Alright let me start over.

I wiped the install, and decided to install this on the root web of the box.

database etc no problem. this time it did in fact find the paths to ALL needed binary files. rrdtool snmpwalk and snmpget.

Installed without a problem, however it will not create a graph. when the query debug is clicked it says "Snmp error' in red letters at the top of the page. reading the query debug output also shows no snmp returned.

i have MRTG working on this machine, and polling a remote server. neithe work using cacti.

I ran the rrd tutorial and verified it does actually create the graphs. www.e-places.net/rrd/speed.html

And here's a snip of the cacti log:

Code:
    05/08/2005 05:05:04 PM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] Host[1] WARNING: Result from SNMP not valid.  Partial Result: 
    05/08/2005 05:05:04 PM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] Host[2] WARNING: Result from SNMP not valid.  Partial Result: 
    05/08/2005 05:05:05 PM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] Host[2] WARNING: Result from SNMP not valid.  Partial Result: 
    05/08/2005 05:05:05 PM - SYSTEM STATS: Time: 3.3473 s, Method: cmd.php, Processes: 1, Threads: N/A, Hosts: 3, Hosts/Process: 3
    05/08/2005 05:05:05 PM - SYSTEM STATS: Time: 5.1094 s, Method: cmd.php, Processes: 1, Threads: N/A, Hosts: 3, Hosts/Process: 3
    I'm lost.
    Last edited by fastnoc; 05-08-2005 at 06:10 PM.

Originally posted by e-places
    I am having the same problems. What flags did you use? What were they set to?