Thread: IIS and ASP.net

IIS and ASP.net

Hi,

I don't know if its the right forum to post my problem in but let's do it anyway...

I have installed IIS from my WindowsXP CD and when I'm trying to open Visual Studio it says "Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified WebServer is not running ASP.net version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.net Web applications or services".

Well, I wanted to reinstall the .NET Framework but for some reason when I'm excuting the installer nothing happens.

And also, when I want to access to my webserver (via http://localhost/) it asks me for a username/password for Firefox but its working for Internet Explorer.

So, does anyone know how to fix ASP.net for IIS?

Thanks.

To fix your fist issue, browse to the directory that the Framework v1.1.4322 is installed in (typically c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322) and run "aspnet_regiis -i" from the command line. That should setup IIS to run ASP.NET applications.

As for being prompted for a username/password, you'll want to check the security settings on the "Default Web Site" within IIS. Make sure that anonymous access is allowed. You'll also want to make sure that the user that IIS runs under has appropriate permissions on the directory hosting the default web site.

I hope this helps.
    Chris Spangler
    [email protected]

Thanks banner, its working perfectly.

Re: IIS and ASP.net

Originally posted by DoubleV And also, when I want to access to my webserver (via http://localhost/) it asks me for a username/password for Firefox but its working for Internet Explorer.
    See the connection tab, because I think it has a proxy now in either FF or IE.
    ZCE & Oracle