Should I scrap it and start over?

I'm just not happy with my current site - but I've felt that way about every site I've ever had. I think the design isn't too bad, really, but there's just something about it that seems like it isn't working.

Also, I think the content is "blah". Nothing about it grabs me.

I would absolutely love suggestions, comments and any thoughts on what to change/add. Don't be shy to tell me "it really sucks. Just start over."

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Its usually the case that the designer is never happy with there designs. I personally feel that it gets the job done. Its simple, easy to navigate. To me the colors are soothing, and easy on the eyes. I personally wouldn't change anything. It appears to me that designers are trying to do something so complicated, and forget about the actual vistors. I think it looks pretty good.

Re: Should I scrap it and start over?

Originally posted by AH-Tina
    >> I'm just not happy with my current site - but I've felt that way about every site I've ever had.

People who don't feel that way are the ones whose designs will always be lacking.

>> I think the design isn't too bad, really, but there's just something about it that seems like it isn't working.

I agree. Overall, it looks good. My suggestions:

- Specify a doctype.

- Put a link to the Home page on the other pages. (Oops?)

- Make the main content the same width as your header section so that it'll fit in an 800X600 screen on every page. Centre the whole content. You could move the logos at the bottom to the white footer section to keep the middle column from being too wide.

- On the Domain Registration page, put the Order link on the same page to save readers an unnecessary click.

- Fix the places where the font is inconsistent.

- Add the missing space after "address" on the Contact page.

- Think about the image on the Home page -- I don't know what it's supposed to represent.

>> Also, I think the content is "blah". Nothing about it grabs me.

- Give details about why you say you have superior services. Just every web host claims to have superior, top-of-the-line, state-of-the-art everything, but few give reasons to support their claims.

- Tell readers -- on your home page and near the top of the page -- about your company focus. For example, the disk space for your plans starts at 1GB. I doubt you're looking to host personal sites, but who is your target market? Talk to them.

- Cut down on the use of exclamation marks. Your company has a strong history and reputation, and overuse of exclamation marks detracts from the otherwise professional appearance.

>> I would absolutely love suggestions, comments and any thoughts on what to change/add. Don't be shy to tell me "it really sucks. Just start over."

It doesn't suck at all. Some people might like a glitzier look, but not me. You've put usability before flash.

What I like:

- The company background
    - The readable font size
    - The colour scheme
    - The clean appearance

Lois
    Do you have a WHT question or concern? Please open a helpdesk ticket.

"Do what you can, where you are, with what you have." – Theodore Roosevelt

In my opinion you just need a new graphical header that use more blending and enhance the site with nice icons but not more to keep it fast. I like the global layout otherwise.
    *¨) ¤ BHS-D¤
    .·´ .·*¨) .·*·. *
    (¸.·´¸.·*¸ ¤ www.bhsdesign.com¤

Mostly, it looks to me like you just need to work on making it "flow" toghther

Thank you for all of the suggestions. I'm talking with a WHT member who does copy writing and he's given me some ideas on how to make the wording better. I'm going to have him take a stab at it and see what he comes up with.

As for writespeak's ideas...thank you VERY VERY much! I am going to go through each point and see if that will help.

Anything else?

--Tina
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Hello,
    It looks kind of confusing. Like, iunno, it needs more color. The reason I say it's confusing is because it has like two toolbars. One on top, and one on the side.

I'm not a designer or anything but that's just what I think.

Best Regards,
    Former owner of 275mb, DKMHosting, and Easy-Upload

Aside from what's already been said, here are my thoughts:

**Your site seems to simple and far too generically worded for the quality of service I know you offer. (Spelling, grammar and all that is great, but there's no "push" or "draw" to go with you. Know what I mean?)

**I'd add a logo and one that is more than just "text" based.

**I love the "network status" page. This is something I would look for before buying. Well done to include this!

**The "contact us" page is thorough. Again, I think this is so important! Nice!

I like your site overall, but it almost seems to "simple." Your text doesn't grab me, nor does the site. This isn't bad really, but knowing what a great reputation you have in the hosting industry, I fear you may turn away others who've not heard of you.

Best of luck with your new venture!

if you got the time go ahead for it
    Computer Steroids - Full service website development solutions since 2001.
    (612)234-2768 - Locally owned and operated in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.

Well, I think you should get some feedback on how other's feel about it.

Originally posted by Twin33
    Well, I think you should get some feedback on how other's feel about it.
    I'm kind of guessing that's why she posted here!

Originally posted by JSpired

I like your site overall, but it almost seems to "simple." Your text doesn't grab me, nor does the site.
    That's *exactly* how I feel about it too. Thanks for the suggestions...I'm definitely going to take them into serious consideration and put most of them into motion over the next week. I'll post back here when I'm ready for you guys to take a second look, if you don't mind?

--Tina