Help for beginner.

Firstly, this is a question aimed primarily at guys.

I've recently started shaving using razors, I have shaved with using both gel/cream and just hot water. But with both I keep on cutting my neck to pieces!

Does anyone have an tips to help a red-necked teenager?!?

Many Many Thanks, James

Have a hot shower first and make sure you wash your face and leave the foam from the shower gel on there for a while to soak in. When you get out put on the shaving foam/gel and again leave it for a bit. Make sure your razor is nice and sharp, try a brand new blade maybe. Take short strokes and wash off the hair as it is collected.
    Steve

Never shave right after waking up.
    When you sleep your face gets a little puffy.
    Have a hot shower to create some steam that will soften the beard.
    Use a good foam. I like Gillette Foamy.

Gillette Track II Sensor Excel are the best blades money can buy. Use them once and you will never go back.

I just use an electric razor and it's pretty hard to cut yourself with one.

If you insist on using a regular razor(and I do agree they are better), jut shave a few minutes after a shower with some nice foam. Learn the best directions to stroke in the right places.
    Haven't been on WHT for 6 years!

Make sure your razor is nice and sharp, try a brand new blade maybe. Take short strokes and wash off the hair as it is collected. [/B]
    This is really key. short strokes, and clean the razor often. Don't keep going over the same spot over and over as that will irritate the skin more.

I can't (and won't) use electric razors. The irritate my skin worse than blades.

Good luck!
    Hendrick Networks - Technical, Security and Connectivity Solutions Built on T.R.U.S.T

Originally posted by jasong
    I just use an electric razor and it's pretty hard to cut yourself with one.

If you insist on using a regular razor(and I do agree they are better), jut shave a few minutes after a shower with some nice foam. Learn the best directions to stroke in the right places.
    I agree that it's nearly impossible to get cut with an electric, but I've never gotten a really close shave with one.

I can't stand electric shavers. The shave is never close enough and it takes to long to even get it decently close.

I've been shaving in the shower for almost 15 years now (half my life - God, I'm getting old). There is NO better shave than the one you get when you're standing right in the hot water and steam. I've bought about two cans of shaving cream in my life. So, you save a little money, get to enjoy a hot shower a little longer, the shave takes less time and it's as close and smooth a shave as you can get. You get to know the contours of your face pretty well too - I've never needed a mirror once.

Just remember to run the blade under the shower every few strokes. Try this for a few days - you'll love it!
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

And always have a salt stick near by in case you cut yourself!
    It may hurt a bit, but it stops it from bleeding.
    Haven't been on WHT for 6 years!