Geeting GoDaddy domains stolen?

Hello,

Is it risky to have 2 domains that are running 2 big stores and growing @ GoDaddy ?

Should I move the domains to Network Solutions?

Should I be worried?

Is there a history of Godaddy domains being stolen?

Thanks

You're always at risk no matter what registrar you're using. But if
    you're really asking what registrar has the least likelihood of your
    domain being stolen, then I can suggest moniker.com.

However, you might encounter difficulty transferring away if you
    decide to do so because they focus on domain name security.
    Moniker has input as many measures as possible to prevent any
    potential theft and may also hurt legitimate transfers out, but it's
    a matter of understanding how they exactly work.

I included my post in a Go Daddy-related thread outlining at least
    3 risks when using them:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=401579

Both Go Daddy and Network Solutions have their "lions' " share
    of problems and hijacks. But the latter, from what I've gathered,
    has been more proactive in resolving hijackings in recent times,
    and that's a good thing.

Anyway, you be the judge. And I wish you good luck!
    Last edited by Dave_Z; 05-07-2005 at 01:04 PM.

IMHO GoDaddy is fine. I just don't see GoDaddy (And most other ICANs by that matter) stealing domains from the owners. I manage about 300 doamins and not once I got a history like that and they are in different ICANs and some of them are big
    Shopping Cart Builder - Complete ecommerce suite for simple and advanced shopping cart needs

Originally posted by ezCore
    IMHO GoDaddy is fine. I just don't see GoDaddy (And most other ICANs by that matter) stealing domains from the owners. I manage about 300 doamins and not once I got a history like that and they are in different ICANs and some of them are big
    Oh not at all, Go Daddy knows much better than that. And so do
    the other top registrars.

One thing is that they stop the domain for some reason, Eg: Copyright complaing, Spam, Legal Stuff, Lack of Payment (And for that mather so the other ICANs) but other thing is that GoDaddy or other ICANs to steal domains.

I am not defending GoDaddy or any other ICANs but unless they have a reason as stated above I don't see them steal the domains, this would cause a legal precedent and a law firm would happy take that into court cause again, if the domain is yours in the first place I don't see them steal it for their own purpose.

It can be hijacked but it can also with any ICANs, you can always lock the domain to assure yourself that the domain isn't hijacked so I don't see a problem transfering big domain names to GoDaddy
    Shopping Cart Builder - Complete ecommerce suite for simple and advanced shopping cart needs

I doubt godaddy would steal any names. They may be harder to get your name back in the event it was hijacked compared to other domain name registrars.
    Domain Maven

It would be prudent to lock your domain name so that others cannot transfer your domain away from you. Make sure that no one else knows your GoDaddy Login password.

Although GoDaddy offers cheap domains, they are quite professional as far as keeping your details private. If anyone were to make any changes to your domain name, they will alert you about it via email and that includes domain name transfers.