1. Common sense means that you shouldn't say anything stupid, mean, rude, etc. It means think about what you are doing, before you do it.
2. iNet is the company that owns this message board. It means that you agree to follow their rules.
3. Means you aren't allowed to pay someone to post messages here. Some people have been caught having other people post messages here saying how great their hosting company is.
4. You can't post a URL to someone else's website, if you are going to make money from that website. You can only post URLs to your own websites - and only in your "signature". You can add a signature from your "profile" area.
||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs! www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)
1) I actually think the dictionary can provide a much better, more succinct definition of the word than can I:
Sound judgment not based on specialized knowledge; native good judgment.
Thus, to "use common sense", you don't have learned knowledge on a subject or topic. Instead, you use your innate, "God-given" judgment to make a decision or conclusion about a particular topic.
Frosty's example was actually valid, but it can obviously be applied in a much wider sense; just remember the definition above, and you should be on your way.
3) An external source is anything (a company, service, product like a robotic poster, etc.) or anyone besides yourself. Thus, if I were to ask Frosty to write rave reviews of my web hosting business and she hadn't even tried it, this practice would be against the forum rules. However, I think this clause in the rules is a little ambiguous. Is it to mean that one cannot politely and with discretion ask that a customer of his web hosting company write a nice review of his services or company on WebHostingTalk?
4) Commission, referral, and affiliate links are all links to sites which pay the person whose userid is present in the URL (i.e. http://referralsite.com/?id=683283) for referring people to the site or service or selling that company's services (e.g., Referral Site's web design services). Note that Referral Site is not real, and was purely used as an example.
I hope I could be of assistance.
Last edited by SniperDevil; 05-07-2005 at 10:24 AM.
Moved by your warm-hearted helps, I can say nothing but thank you through(in?) my poor English.I hope i can use the words more accurately to express my feeling, but i can't now. I hope I will. There must be such a day that I can express my gratitude accurately and freely in English in the future i think.
Remember what I said above. I will say somthing more accurate than thank you to you who gave helps to me.Definitely .
WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more. WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
Linux Problems? WHMCS Issues? +1-866-546-8914 (linux-14) or @whmcsguru on twitter!