Google Adsense Question, please advise!

I'm considering this route, but some say you must have an insane amount of visitors, others say not that many!

Anywase, is the revenue for google ads based on views or clicks or both?

With that said (for those who actually use google adsense), how much, if any do you think our site can consume with stats like 1,800 uniques per day, 70,000 page views daily, ranked top in google for a vass variety of search terms, and so on?

If I can somewhat generate around 30-60 bucks a month, that would be a sound investment, but if my site where to just generate a few bucks a month, wouldn't be worth it at all since you have to have at least a hundred bucks in your account to get a check.

Also if you don't mind, post your sites stats and the average you make on a monthly basis so that I can get an ideal

Thanks to all!

No you don't have to have an insane amount of hits. A friend of mine get's about 500 unique a day on average and is running adsense.

I don't believe they take site popularity into account, though i may be wrong.

As for how much you will make, well we can't discuss exact figures because it's against adsense' TOS, but if you use effective placements for the ads, then you should be able to run your website from them. We do, and we have a little to spare too.

I would say try it out and if it's not working, try changing the placement of ads. If it doesnt work out, you can just quit.
    Feel free to visit my sites: GTA San Andreas | My Portfolio

Adsense pay by the click unfortunatly

I don't really have much experience with Adsense, I only have it on my blog, but I don't get that much $$$ from it. I'm still waiting for my first pay check (yet to reach $100)

I made about 120 / month from ads i had up on my site:

k1designs . com

took em down tho

I'm trying to sign up, but have one last quick question, their wanting me to provide a phone number, mine is unlisted, and I don't want to start recieving calls from google, or anyone else who may obtain my number through google. For those who have these, does or did google ever call you to verify the phone number?

I never had google call me. And I would give them the phone number incase. Its a big company, and its trusted. THey arnt going to scam you :-P

They've never phoned me I don't actually remember giving them my phone number, I probably did though.

It's probably incase something goes wrong with your payment they can call you or something.

I haven't had much experience with adsense, but i've though about using it on my forums....although alot of people don't approve of it/like it.

They pay based on the click, different ads pay differently, depending on your content and traffic will depend on the amount you will generate.

Originally posted by masfenix
    I never had google call me. And I would give them the phone number incase. Its a big company, and its trusted. THey arnt going to scam you :-P

yes, it's a big company, but since last month, they start to cancel a lot of payments without any reason.

my friend had 150 dollar per day before, and now? nothing more...

ich sag mal...don't trust Google even it's big!

I just signed up! I'll give it a shot, if its horrible or doesn't generate anything, its not like I paid for the service, so I'll just cancel and go about, if it does generate, than it'll be a good investment for my site!

We're not making that much, but we average about 7y clicks a day. I just modified my site with PHP headers so the site logo and the adds come up on every page. It's kind of neat because the adds somehow modify themselves to fit with the content about each page. For instance, the main site may be news based and prvoide a link to MSNBC.com, while a subsite may be comic book based and it'll change that add to go to a comic book company site.

Question for people who filled in the tax information though.
    Is it safter to send them your social security number, or a buisness identifcation car number?

I havn't filled out that portion of the site yet and won't receive any money untill I do..

Adsense can be a great revenue generator, but it depends on so many factors including keywords. Try it and find out. You have nothing to lose.

Adsense is great, over time you can really get some good hits on those ads. I really dont understand why companies and business put adsense on their website, consumers are supposed to go there to purchase what the company is offering, not what others are trying to sell you. It may be 'Nice' of companies to have links to other business for the consumer to get other products but if they putting random ads up to make a profit, that just makes the company look bad.
    Phlint! Web Media [http://phlint.com]
    [email protected]

I may not have looked at it fully, but how do keywords generate revenue when I thought all you had to do was cut and paste the code into the site?

BTW, Does The google search generally bring in more revenue than the adds? I just added it to my site..

The advertiser chooses keywords for his campaign. If it is a competitive keyword (ie "webhosting") then he has to bid more to get his ads seen. You copy-paste Adsense code to your site. Google views the content on your page and thru a density algorithim decides which keywords match your page - and serves those relevant ads. Some ads (keywords) payout more per click than others - depends on the topic of your page.

For most, Google Search has been a poor $ performer and many sites that have tested it have abandoned it. Google AdLinks is much better.

I throw Google Adsense in just because it's better to get a buck or two a day than not. It certainly is not a cash cow.
    Rich
    WebsiteMaven - Web Hosting Reviews, Guides, and Advice to Build and Promote your Web Site

You can earn quite a bit on Adsense even with only a moderate number of visitors to your web site.

The trick is finding what works best. We have found making the ad blend into the site (especially colour wise) works best. Having the ads appear somewhere in your content is also good. For forums we have the ads appear between the 1st and the 2nd posts in a thread.

Speaking of forums, we have noticed their CPC performance isn't very good at all compared to simple information portals. Forums will get you a lot of return visitors, but content will always be king. It's a good idea to link your forums with an informative editorial-type web site.

That's what our projects have shown anyway..

I just saw in the news for adsense that they are doing CPM and click thrus now. They also have image only available for your ad code as well Two great new features.
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

Thanks everyone, ads are up and though I can't say how much I'm earrning because of Googles TOS and AUP, I can however say, it paid for our hosting bill in just one day!

I do however have one last qustion...Google asks for tax information, after I give them this info, do I have to send my earnings in monthly or can I wait and just record it when I go to H&R block at the beggining of each year when they ask me for additional income?

Also, in google on the tax page it stats this:

2. I am not subject to backup withholding because: (a) I am exempt from backup withholding, or (b) I have not been notified by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) that I am subject to backup withholding as a result of a failure to report all interest or dividends, or (c) the IRS has notified me that I am no longer subject to backup withholding, and
    3. I am a U.S. person (including a U.S. resident alien).

I'm not sure what backup holding means, anyone know? I just don't want to get in trouble for not filing right, etc!

Thanks to all you can answer this huge question

Google asks for your tax information to keep everything legal. They will send you a tax form (I believe, I have only been with them a short time) right around tax time if they have paid you any money. Give that to your tax guys when they do your return and you'll be alright.

As far as backup withholdings goes, this is from the IRS Site:

What is back withholding?

Persons making certain payments to you must withhold federal taxes and pay to the IRS 30% of such payments under certain conditions.

It seems you don't meet those conditions so you have nothing to worry about.
    Mike from Zoodia.com

Originally posted by justadollarhostin
    Google asks for your tax information to keep everything legal. They will send you a tax form (I believe, I have only been with them a short time) right around tax time if they have paid you any money. Give that to your tax guys when they do your return and you'll be alright.

As far as backup withholdings goes, this is from the IRS Site:

What is back withholding?

Persons making certain payments to you must withhold federal taxes and pay to the IRS 30% of such payments under certain conditions.

It seems you don't meet those conditions so you have nothing to worry about.
    Awesome, thanks for that reply! When they take out taxes at the end of the year for this, how do they calculate that? I mean do they take city, state, federal, etc, etc?

I'm just curiouse about this because my other admin and I split the dividends, but the tax info will be in my name, so I just don't want to loose any money on the deal if you know what I'm saying.

Originally posted by xtremestang1
    Awesome, thanks for that reply! When they take out taxes at the end of the year for this, how do they calculate that? I mean do they take city, state, federal, etc, etc?

I'm just curiouse about this because my other admin and I split the dividends, but the tax info will be in my name, so I just don't want to loose any money on the deal if you know what I'm saying.
    Well I haven't been with them long enough to get the tax info, so maybe somebody else can stop in here with better/more accurate answers, but I assume that they just send you a form showing how much they paid you and then you claim it on your income tax. I am not sure how that would work out with a partner =/
    Mike from Zoodia.com

Adsense alternative

Is there a good Adsense alternative??!!
    Free anonymous web proxy.
    Get, Post, Https allowed for free.

http://www.kproxy.com

Re: Adsense alternative

Originally posted by kanowins
    Is there a good Adsense alternative??!!
    I have yet to find one that has as nice of a payout/ad system. What type of advertising are you looking for?
    Mike from Zoodia.com

Well, a payment system for page impression. Do you know someone?
    Free anonymous web proxy.
    Get, Post, Https allowed for free.

http://www.kproxy.com

Well if you want to do pop-ups or pop-unders then http://www.popuptraffic.com/ works on CPM. You might want to search the boards over at http://www.FreeWebhostingTalk.com for more options.
    Mike from Zoodia.com

hi..
    they have never phoned me ..or troubled in anyway.
    But now , they have started the address checking by sending u the pin number to your postal address.
    So u will get ur payment only after you confirm the pin number sent to your postal address.
    the old account holders never had any such problems. But new registrations are done in this way only.