Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you smoke?

Question Do you smoke?

Do you smoke? Also, what is your opinion of others who smoke / smoking in general?

Personally I don't smoke, I tried it once, never again...

I might be an idiot... but not to the level to which makes me smoke...

Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

I tried it when I was in high school when I worked at the local gas station. I smoked about 20 different brands. I never got sick but it did not do anything for me. And then I smoke a Kool cigarette (the ones that my mom smoked). That did it for me - I never smoked.

For the most part, smoke bothers my eyes / nose so I tend to stay away if I can. In California, since it is illegal to smoke in public plcaes, that does help some.

For the others smoking, we all have our vices. To each his own

Smoke makes my eyes watery (when i tried it once)

When i have a Beer in my hand
    i need a smoke
    other wise im ok social smoker me

I don't smoke - except the occassional cigar on very rare occassions.

I have neither positive nor negative feelings about smokers - I'm mostly ambivalent. I grew up when it was normal to sit in a smoke filled room and think nothing of it. It's still that way in Europe and Japan when I visited and have noticed that my tolerance for it is not what it used to be (stings my eyes).

Frankly, the anti-smoking folks who want to pretend like it's the worst evil in our society and use dubious statistical methods to ban smoking everywhere bother me more than smokers.
    Rich
    Husband, Father, Retired Marine, Geek

No smoking for me. There are already enough things that can ruin your health, so why destroy yourself? (slowly but surely)

No, however I used to smoke.

I’ve not smoked for over a year now, and don’t think I’ll start up again anytime soon.

Personally I have no problems with others smoking, and am against banning smoking in public places for multiple reasons ranging from personal liberties to the huge amounts cigarettes bring governments ( such as the British government ) in tax revenue.

Smoked for 14 years. As of today I am 17 days without a smoke. All is going OK so far.

For the last 4 years I smoke a pipe. I smoked cigarettes for about 15 years but now their smell bothers me a bit and i cannot believe I ever did it. I guess if I would stop smoking the pipe in some time I would think the same about pipe smell, but I cannot see that happening any time soon.

Smoked for 10 years. Quit on 1/1/2005, was my new years resolution. Did the patch thing for 3 months. Still going strong.

My opinion on smokers is pretty much the same it was when I smoked. I don't mind it although it does bother my eyes and smells much worse than it used too.

Originally posted by DevilDog
    Frankly, the anti-smoking folks who want to pretend like it's the worst evil in our society and use dubious statistical methods to ban smoking everywhere bother me more than smokers.
    If you do not care about your health.... There ARE others that do, keep that in mind..

Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

Originally posted by vigor
    Smoked for 10 years. Quit on 1/1/2005, was my new years resolution. Did the patch thing for 3 months. Still going strong.

My opinion on smokers is pretty much the same it was when I smoked. I don't mind it although it does bother my eyes and smells much worse than it used too.
    Do you get cravings if you see someone light up, or you smell smoke etc.?

no smoking here.
    and I don't really mind when others smoke, just mind the fact that they don't care about their surroundings and continue to do it.
    Clip and Print Free Grocery Coupons - ClipCoupons.us

I don't smoke however smoking makes you romantic and hot doesn't it ? from a women mind of view.
    I'm Zafar Ahmed.
    I provide
    SEO Services & eMarketing consultancy
    I'll be glad to hear from you

I do not smoke, and never will. If someone wants to smoke so be it, but I ask not blow the smoke in my way . I had a family member who died because of somking. Last couple of years was very hard on him. Seeing how he suffered I will not smoke.

I smoke 20 Marlboro Red a day and am quite happy doing it. The only thing I'm not happy with is paying £5.05 ($9.55 US) for a pack of 20

Originally posted by Alan @ CIT
    I smoke 20 Marlboro Red a day and am quite happy doing it. The only thing I'm not happy with is paying £5.05 ($9.55 US) for a pack of 20
    Speaking of prices I think the average price now is like $4.50 a pack or more. A carton I believe was in the $40+ range.

Originally posted by Hostex Australia
    Do you get cravings if you see someone light up, or you smell smoke etc.?
    The initial cravings (First two weeks) were pretty tough, but the patch helped ALOT. After the first two weeks the cravings became less intense and only sparked up when going from the level1 -> level2 -> level3 patches, there was about a two day transitional period with mild-medium cravings when switching to a lower dosage patch.

Today I still get cravings, but they aren't frequent, intense nor last long, usually once a week when im out with friends drinking is when it happens. The smell of smoke dosen't really attract cravings anymore, as I don't like the smell.

Your Quit Date is: 12/30/2004 11:00:00 AM
    Time Smoke-Free: 127 days, 1 hour, 20 minutes and 23 seconds
    Cigarettes NOT smoked: 2795
    Lifetime Saved: 21 days, 8 hours
    Money Saved: $908.05

And well worth it.

hmmm. lots of non smokers here... yes i do smoke :/ but i want to get over it
    www.DefyStudios.com ___Interactive Design

Dont smoke at all and people that do smoke are free to do whatever pleases them but dont think its good for their health.

I smoke a cigar once in a blue blue moon. In fact the last one I smoked was in October.
    Kerry Jones

Originally posted by DevilDog
    Frankly, the anti-smoking folks who want to pretend like it's the worst evil in our society and use dubious statistical methods to ban smoking everywhere bother me more than smokers. [/B]
    My wife is asthmatic, severely so, and she is -allergic to cigarette smoke-. Just a nice faceful of smoke and we can spend the next several hours in an emergency room.

I am -fiercely- anti smoking.

Now I'm no dummy, I don't take her places I -know- she's gonna have to deal with smoke, no indoor concerts, no bars, no lounges. But damnit when we go eat a good meal I would prefer it if the whole restaurant were smoke free. Sharing the central air with a smoking section is bad enough and if they try and seat us near the smoking section I request a move further away from it or we leave and go elsewhere.

I absolutely LOVED that about California when we lived there, the ban on smoking in public buildings absolutel rocked my socks.

Smoking is one of the only bad habits that can hurt those around you. And I have no patience period, with smokers wanting to just smoke damned everywhere. Take that crap outside and quit whining I don't want to smell your smoke and nothing will get my back stiff enough for a fight faster than some rude smoker who won't respect my right not to smell his disgusting cigarette.

And for those of you who smoke you can't understand how incredibly bad you stink. I could smell my dad PULLING INTO MY DRIVEWAY when the driveway was near the house at the place we used to own. I could smell him standing OUTSIDE the door, the smell of cigarettes reached me inside. He was a chain smoker.

http://forums.dixiesys.com/index.php?showtopic=6659

Guess he's gotta quit now though, since he only has one lung after losing the left one to lung cancer a couple weeks ago.

As for the price of cigarettes - good - wish they'd just add another "0" onto the price per pack with taxes and at least build some schools or something with that money...
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

Originally posted by Kerry Jones
    I smoke a cigar once in a blue blue moon. In fact the last one I smoked was in October.
    Ever notice how cigar and pipe smokers don't seem to get "hooked" like cigarette smokers and many "dippers" do?

Why is that you reckon? My theory is that (most) cigars and pipe tobacco are truly all natural tobacco, no additives unlike cigarettes which I've -read- has like 108 chemicals added to it. Frankly not to sound like I need a tinfoil hat, but I think they put crap in cigarettes that makes them addictive so people do get hooked.

I know a few cigar and pipe smokers who aren't "addicted" they'll go weeks at a time between cigars or pipes and they don't "jones" for one but you take that cigarette away and it'll barely be a few hours before the smoker is ready to climb the walls for a smoke.
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

Well great that the cancer was contained in your fathers lung, Wish him all the best on his long recovery.

Used to smoke once in awhile when I went out partying but been many years now since I touched a cigarette. Never really understood why people needed to smoke everday ... guess it's just not for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast