Western Avenue Great Host.

I have been with Western Avenue (www.westernavenue.biz)
    since Februrary of this year, and Had three straight months of 100% uptime.

Unfortunately we had a harddrive failure, and had to be relocated to a new Data Center, but the transition was pretty much seemless.

I think it is great to see how some people can react under pressure, and still maintain a professional attitude towards dealing with customers and individuals.

Noone has any delusions here. Are any of the Hosts in here Million Dollar companies? Is anyone here paying a ludicrious ammount for server fees compared to what larger corporations are offering?

I noticed another post from a former client of WA responding to the Harddrive Failure, and I just had to come and set the record straight.
    Off all the people hosted on the server (simple whois.sc/ search), i think that one guy is the only one to leave the server. In fact, everyone else has stayed, knowing WA has provided a great service since they started in Fall of 2004 I believe.

All companies grow, and it is prefect for me to be working with a company I can grow with, and learn from.

Again, I just wanted to commend WA for the great support and services up to this point, and although there was this harddrive failure (Isn't it nice the company who makes and sells HardDrives is never liable) - I am confidant that is behind us, and can move forward into the summer with 3 more consecutive months at 100% uptime - and more!!

Cheers,

CanuckinAsia
    Last edited by CanuckinAsia; 05-06-2005 at 08:22 PM.

their prices seem fair, i just might have to sign up

Don't listen to that other guy in the post by HexGamers. You can read it, but, take it as a lesson in how a customer is supposed not to act. WA is very professional, and I am always able to get the answers I need, and fast response time.

Cheers again.

Sorry to bring that other post up to the top of the list, but, i just had to repsond to HexGamers and his slanderous sentiment.

What website(s) are you hosting with WA?
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

Originally posted by CTG
    What website(s) are you hosting with WA?
    I would highly suggest and encourage you posting this information, as well. It will lend some credibility to your post.

Wink

Canuck In Asia = CIA

www.atlantichiphop.com
    www.atlantichiphop.org
    www.backburner.ca
    www.suavebeats.net
    www.purpleoctogon.com
    www.halifamous.com
    www.fax4.net
    www.stonecutterlabs.com
    www.maplemothership.ca
    www.littlerow.com
    www.djmixre.com
    www.exileonline.net
    www.groundbreakerinc.com
    www.iv.halifamous.com
    www.triplethreatnet.com
    www.thgp.net
    www.fleakorea.org

There are more, but, I would have to go into my resellers account to get them all- And, I prefer not to advertise links to my site, but, i am following your suggestion and offering some credibility. Cheers,
    Last edited by CanuckinAsia; 05-06-2005 at 08:47 PM.

BUMPITY BUMP BUMP.

Triple Story Cardboard Box in the land down under
    Hmm. Doesnt seem http://www.westernavenue.biz/ is working. "Page cannot be displayed"

Anyone else unable to get to their site?
    Web Hosting Jury - over 4000 hosting USER reviews
    Love Your Host? Hate Your Host? - Submit a review

30,000mb's = 5gb's?
    300,000mb's = 50gb's?

I can see their site just fine.

What I do find weird is that the customer decided to bump this thread.

CanuckinAsia, that bump surely hurt the credibility of your review.

Originally posted by nygg
    30,000mb's = 5gb's?
    300,000mb's = 50gb's?
    nygg

Sorry if I'm mistaking, but I feel your calculations are wrong:

I think

1 GB = 1024 MB

So,

30,000 MB = 29.29 GB (aprox 30 GB)
    300,000 MB = 292.96 GB (aprox 300 GB)

I think this is right.

I'm sorry if I'm wrong anywhere.
    • www.host.ac = advanced hosting accounts
      the most powerful shared hosting accounts available anywhere

Credibility of my post? Oh sorry, I am under scrutiny for some reason?

I thought it was a fun way to say BUMP.

BUMPITY BUMP BUMP.

I do appreciate your insight though. Misguided as it might be.

CIA

Bumping is not allowed on WHT, if you cared to read the rules. It's not the way you said "Bump", it's the fact that you bumped it at all.

Originally posted by CanuckinAsia
    Credibility of my post? Oh sorry, I am under scrutiny for some reason?

I thought it was a fun way to say BUMP.

BUMPITY BUMP BUMP.

I do appreciate your insight though. Misguided as it might be.

CIA

It's not misguided at all.

Perhaps a visit here would help you see things clearly.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/misc.p...on=forum-rules

Participants may not bump threads. Bumping can refer to posting useless information, making corrections or updates in a new post, posting one-liners or any other action to deliberately keep a thread hot or to bring it to the top of its forum. Moderators will use their discretion, depending on the nature of the post, as to whether to take action or not.

Indeed, it makes it appear you have some connection with the business in question that's more than one of just a happy customer, perhaps generating reviews for a rate reduction, or something to that effect. You made your original point nicely - I would otherwise have commended you for the review. The bump is suspicious, very suspicious...
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

Its great to hear about the different hosting companies out there that provide excellent service. There are so many out there, you just got to know which one is right.
    Phlint! Web Media [http://phlint.com]
    [email protected]

Sweet Jebus,.

I should have read the TOS for you guys. I do apologize. Don't hold me in lesser regard for breaking a rule over here. I think my review was great too, and my writing style is pretty witty as well.

I always thought BUMP was a Slang HipHop word people use when they really like something. I could have said. Cheers, or Good Looking out, but, I am learning that BUMP indeed means something else in the Forum world.

My bad, and good looking out on the Educating Tip. I now know what the hell BUMP actually means.

-Also, what do you mean 'Submit it for review?' - Again, I am at a loss, only been a member over here for a short period, and other than this post here, I have done NO stepping on toes. - Except someone commenting on me signing my name a certain way!

Anyways. Thanks for the interest, and the replies. Please feel free to offer some more critique of my Netiquitte while browsing your site.

-Oh, and since I am a genius, i will save you your next question.

something like this:

'Seems a little fishy the user shows up and drops a review right away about his webhost!'

Do I even dignify that with a response. Probably not. LOL..

-CIA

Mr CanuckinAsia !

Unfortunately we had a harddrive failure, and had to be relocated to a new Data Center, but the transition was pretty much seemless.
    Are you owner of westernavenue.biz or partner ?

I have some comments with this company :

1- When they had a harddrive problem with their server , They didn't inform me and never emailed anything.

2- they doesn't answer my tickets !!! ( This is too bad ) if I have a chance , I can find him to yahoo massenger for get answer of him !!!!

3- Their server isn't stable these days !!! and they never send any mail to their customers about this ! Some times I have timeout problem and I should refresh our website pages 2 or 3 times ! and sometimes our subdomain doesn't work !!!

I hope he can solve his server problems and improve his support . If they do , I will inform in this topic and I can suggest to WHT members to get hosting from them
    Last edited by constantine; 06-08-2005 at 03:12 PM.

Originally posted by constantine
    Mr CanuckinAsia !

Are you owner of westernavenue.biz or partner ?

I have some comments with this company :

1- When they had a harddrive problem with their server , They didn't inform me and never emailed anything.

2- they doesn't answer my tickets !!! ( This is too bad ) if I have a chance , I can find him to yahoo massenger for get answer of him !!!!

3- Their server isn't stable these days !!! and they never send any mail to their customers about this ! Some times I have timeout problem and I should refresh our website pages 2 or 3 times ! and sometimes our subdomain doesn't work !!!

I hope he can solve his server problems and improve his support . If they do , I will inform in this topic and I can suggest to WHT members to get hosting from them
    1. The hard drive problem was not on the server you were on.
    It did not concern you.

2. We answer your tickets. When you talk to me on YIM and I answer your question I assume that I do not have to copy the same reply into the ticket.

3. The problem with your domain not working was due to a DNS error on your end, not server stability problems.

[email protected] [~]# uptime
    00:27:35 up 19 days, 7:00, 1 user, load average: 0.19, 0.13, 0.33

19 days of uptime with no problems.

During the rare time when there are server issues, flooding us with tickets every 10 minutes restating the same problem will not help us get things fixed any faster. Our first answer applies until we further update the ticket.
    Last edited by WAbizTony; 07-01-2005 at 12:37 AM.

I know this thread is old but I would just like to add that I agree with CIA WA.biz is by far the most reliable hosting around. I've been with them since sometime last year and only had one major issue which was hard drive failure but they recovered everything without any problems.