Thumbs up APlus.net Customer Service Evaluation

So I was getting tired of hearing everyone complain about APlus.net's customer service and service in general, so I decided to put them through their paces and be the biggest dick I could when ordering a domain. Here is the transcript of what happened.

Code:
    joshh: Hello. If you need help registering a domain, let's chat. Or, give me a call at 1-877-275-8763 ext 6960, toll-free.
    Visitor72628: i want to order the domain ieatgnomes.com
    joshh: ok
    Visitor72628: how do I get it?
    joshh: what are you planning on doing with that domain name?
    joshh: i can help you with that
    Visitor72628: THATS MY BUSINESS
    Visitor72628: okay....
    Visitor72628: do it
    joshh: the only reason i mention that is because we can design the website for you if you like
    Visitor72628: I don't need you to design it.
    Visitor72628: I have a kick *** designer.
    joshh: do you need web hosting as well
    Visitor72628: NO
    joshh: i can get you the domian name for free with hosting
    Visitor72628: I already have dedicated server!
    joshh: no problem
    Visitor72628: I just want the ****ing domain name!
    joshh: lol
    joshh: ok settle down
    joshh: can i give you a phone call
    Visitor72628: NO!!!
    Visitor72628: wait
    Visitor72628: why?
    Visitor72628: Are you going to try and sell me something else?
    joshh: how do you expect me to register a domain name for you?
    joshh: throw me a friggin bone here
    Visitor72628: just a second
    joshh: take your time
    Visitor72628: {EDITED}
    Visitor72628: Thats how....
    Visitor72628: now get me ieatgnomes.com!!!
    joshh: what's the password on the acct
    Visitor72628: why?
    joshh: so i know it's you
    Visitor72628: {EDITED}
    joshh: alright
    joshh: thank you
    Visitor72628: you better not steal anything
    joshh: i have just registered the domain name for you for 10 years we billed your credit card 77.50
    joshh: thank you
    Visitor72628: WHAT!?!?!????
    Visitor72628: I don't want it for 10 years!
    Visitor72628: I want it for 1!
    Visitor72628: You never asked me!
    joshh: oh...
    joshh: just kidding, i only registered it for one
    Visitor72628: GOOD!!!
    Visitor72628: BTW what is your phone number?
    joshh: had to get you back
    joshh: 877 275 8763 x 6960

As you can see, these guys have a sense of humor even when I was being an *******. Josh was very polite when I called him up afterwords and told him about the process. My dedicated sales rep is also very nice to work with (Chris A). If you are in the market for hosting from APlus.net, I suggest looking for yourself instead of relying 100% on WHT for info.
    fraudservers.com - for sale!

He might have thought it was a joke since you were registering ieatgnomes.com (That's actually pretty funny). I guess if he was actually semi-intelligent he might figure out that ieatgnomes.com wouldn't quite get enough traffic for a guy to have a dedicated server (unless you have a killer SEO who is helping you break into the Ogre markeplace)
    Rich
    WebsiteMaven - Web Hosting Reviews, Guides, and Advice to Build and Promote your Web Site

Their customer service might be decent, but they still engage in many unethical advertising methods.

1) Mining Whois Records for advertising of domain registration, web hosting, and Web Design. - http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=349725

2) Using Doorway pages to improve their google rank - http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=399797

Josh's response was funny, but it was still pretty immature.

I admit that. But still, what do you want? Do you think he should have just sat down and taken it? I don't think so......

BTW I gotta find out what to do with that domain name now....

Yeah I dont know, I wouldnt tell a customer I had registered it for 10 years as that would really annoy them.

I wonder if aplus would tolerate someone hosting an anti-aplus website on their servers.

Originally posted by Atomic Haven
    I admit that. But still, what do you want? Do you think he should have just sat down and taken it? I don't think so......

BTW I gotta find out what to do with that domain name now....
    Did you really register ieatgnomes.com?!

I think you should set it up as a pop mail account and use that as a personal e-mail domain name.
    Rich
    WebsiteMaven - Web Hosting Reviews, Guides, and Advice to Build and Promote your Web Site

I can't say that I have ever had anything negetive to say about the APlus reps themselves. They all seem to be very friendly. At least they were the multitude of times they've called me after I registered a domain. As previously stated, I don't think the problem lies with the reps, as much as it does the "higher ups" and their choice of business practices.

That's true. As I've personally seen, I can't think of any of the bigger boys I'd rather be with. I've never recieved a phone call asking about my recently registered domain names...Never.

Greetings,

Not sure what exactly you were expecting his response to be. Did you really want him to slag you off and say 'Learn how to speak and then buy a domain?' :-)

Obviously not, no matter how hard the customer is to you, you should know how to deal with them. The sales person doesn't really want to get sacked, as all these transacripts are most probably being checked on daily basis by their supervisors.

I think he responded profesionally and his joke wasn't immature.
    Amir Golestan
    Executive Director | Micfo
    delivering the divine hosting experience™ | AS53889
    www.micfo.com